Ch.2

It was night time at Midgar. While the city never sleeps, everyone was either returning home from work or working the night shift. The people use the trains of Midgar to get around the city. Some do use their cars but living in the city. Many prefer to use the trains. Some trains are used to carry Shinra cargo, and one train, in particular, begins to stop near Mako Reactor One.

As the train stops, two Shinra infantrymen begin to inspect the train making sure there are no intruders or bombs. Something or someone jumps from the top of the train and lands near the infantrymen that startles them.

One raises his rifle and shouts, "Halt! Put your hands up!"

Sara chuckles and dashes towards them before they could even shot her. The two infantrymen plopped down on the ground like flies. Sara lowers her hand and then turns to three people who came out of the train, followed by Barret, who nodded, and they left.

Barret turns to Sara, "Well done."

Sara nodded, then Barret looks at the train and shouts, "Get down here, merc."

After those words, Cloud jumps down from the top of the train then looks at the two with a poker face. Simultaneously, two Shinra security officers rush to them.

"Halt!"

"Who goes there?!"

Barret turns to Cloud and says, "You're up." and leaves avoiding the officers.

The security officers turn their focus on Cloud and Sara, pointing their guns at them.

"You're coming with us!"

Sara smiles, "Sorry, we're not interested."

Cloud immediately charges at the officers and swings his sword knocking the officers out. Cloud put his sword behind his back as Sara heads towards the train station entrance. The moment Sara and Cloud went into the station, two officers spot them.

Security officer, "Who in the hell?!"

The two security officers raise their rifles and rush towards Cloud and Sara. One of them shouted, "Drop your weapons!"

But little did the two officers knew that Barret and the three members of Avalanche sneaked behind them, avoiding combat, and continued to go through the station.

A young brunette girl named Jessie looks back and winks at Cloud, "Have fun!"

Cloud pays no attention to her but looks at Sara, who already draws her katana. Both of them dash towards the security officers; in no time, Cloud and Sara took down the officers. However, the noise they made alert the other security officers. Just as Sara predicted, more security officers came down the stairs aiming their weapons at them.

"Hands up!"

The officers were still unaware of the other intruders that were right behind them. As the coast was clear, Barret leads the group to the stairs. It was not before a young man with a red bandana named Biggs, followed by a big fat boy behind him named Wedge, both turned to Cloud and Sara.

Biggs smiled, "You two got this!"

Wedge exclaimed, "Yeah, what he said!"

Suddenly an elevator door nearby opened, and four more security officers rushed into the scene. All officers aimed their weapons and shouted.

"You two are coming with us!"

"Try anything funny, and we will shoot!"

Seeing that they were surrounded, Cloud turns to Sara, "You take that side."