Ch. 24

The ball couldn't come any sooner as Sara looked at the mirror in her apartment. Sara styled her hair parted to the side while her hair was in waves. She wore natural make-up with a hint of blush and simple silver dangling earrings to compliment her looks. Taking a deep breath, Sara grabbed her small black velvet drawstring bag that held her cell phone, lipgloss, powder, and a few toiletries. She walked down the hallway and entered the elevator heading to the recreational floor where the ball was being held.

While she felt sad that she was going alone, she didn't regret her decision. Sara had to put those two men in their place and tell them her true feelings. She didn't like that men were fighting over her, so she wanted to end it. If she can't make them happy, she doesn't deserve to be escorted to the ball. At least, that's what she decided.

When she arrived at the ball, she saw the place was filled with so many guests. Sara saw men dressed in their best suits and women wearing their finest gowns to make an impression on the old and young men. Sara began to make her way to the grand staircase, where the food was being served on the top floor. She climbed the stairs and got a better view of the whole room. On the first floor, the tables were decorated in white fabric linen, and the chairs were covered in white linen with a golden bow tied to the back. A candle centerpiece was placed on each table, surrounded by red and yellow roses. Far to the north side of the room was the dancing floor, and sitting next to the dancing floor were musicians playing elegant music. Most of the guests were employees of the company, Sara spotted the president talking with the higher-ups and greeting the employees.

"Enjoying the event, are we?" a familiar voice spoke to Sara from behind.

Sara turned around and saw Mayor Domino, who handed her a glass of champagne. Sara smiled as she took the glass, then took a small sip as she observed the crowd.

"More or less," Sara replied.

Domino chuckled as he looked at the crowd, "Seeing those rats makes my stomach turn. But despite the war, we should hope for a better year."

"You don't agree with what's going on with the war?" Sara asked.

Domino humphed, "As if I give a damn about those Wutai thugs, yet if I were to choose a side, I would select Wutai in hopes that they can teach those pricks a lesson."

Sara wanted to laugh but only let out a small chuckle. She knew that Domino was never on good terms with the president. But at least he didn't hold his grudge against her since she works for Shinra.

Before she spoke again, her heart stopped when she spotted three men coming out of the elevator. The women noticed them and started to have heart-shaped eyes. It was Genesis, Angeal, and Sephiroth, all dressed in tuxes.

Angeal wore a grey suit, a black button shirt, and a silver tie. His hair was slicked back, which made him clean and sharp. Genesis wore a red suit with a black shirt with an ivory tie. He kept his wild hairstyle look and his single dagger earring, which made him handsome and rugged. Sephiroth wore a black suit with a silver shirt and teal blue tie. He kept his hair in its usual style, still making him hot and sexy.

Domino let out a low whistle, "Well, even the new 1st class SOLDIERs look just as sharp as Sephiroth. But then, of course, there's you, who is just as beautiful as ever."

"Yet it seems no one knows that a young woman is also a 1st class SOLDIER." An unfamiliar voice spoke arrogantly.

Sara and Domino turned their heads and were surprised to see the president's son Rufus Shinra. Sara narrowed her eyes in suspicion; she didn't expect to see the president's son, who was supposedly on a long-term business trip. But then again, he is the president's son, so it wasn't surprising to see him at the party. Rufus was a tall blonde man with blue eyes wearing a white suit with a black tie. Rufus walks over but has his eyes on Sara.