Ch.8

The first thing that came to Sara's senses was a foul stench. The smell was a combination of rotten egg, turd, and who-knows-what. Sara opened her eyes and noticed that she was in a room with damp walls with mold forming. She was lying on an exotic couch with red velvet covering something you would find in a luxury house, not in some dark dungeon-type place. Sara also noticed that the room contained wooden boxes and exotic large and small pieces.

Seeing the room, Sara wondered, "Where am I? How did I get here?"

Sara remembered that she was back at the reactor, but Shinra almost captured her. She managed to escape, but in the process, she fell straight down to the slums. After that, she couldn't remember, only she could vaguely recall the feeling of strong arms holding her when she fell. However, Sara knew that there was no way to survive a fall like that. So the question is, who saved her?

Suddenly a loud creaking of a door opening; Sara looked up and was shocked to see who it was.

Sara exclaimed, "L-Leslie?!"

Leslie frowned slightly and spoke coldly, "You're finally awake, I see."

Sara glared at him for saying something rude and spoke back, "I see, you're still cold-hearted as ever."

Leslie chuckled coldly and handed her a small plastic bag filled with something. Sara took the back and opened it; inside was a plastic to-go container filled with rice, vegetables, and honey sesame chicken along with a plastic water bottle.

Sara looked up at Leslie and said, "Thanks."

Leslie nodded, and Sara took the chopsticks that were in the bag then began to eat. Leslie watched her as he figured that Sara was hungry.

After a moment of silence, Leslie decided to ask, "So what were you doing at one of Don Corneo's warehouses?"

Sara almost spits out her drink and asked, "Wait, what?! I was at Don Corneo's warehouse?!"

Leslie tilted his head, looking at her, confused, "You mean, you didn't know?"

Sara shook her head. She wanted to explain to Leslie what had happened, but she realized that Leslie was not a member of Avalanche. She looked down at her food, refusing to answer.

Leslie seemed to notice and questions, "You didn't go there to steal, did you?"

Sara immediately shook her head; Leslie nodded, "Good if you did, you'd be in big trouble."

Sara sighed, "I know," She looked at him with a pleaded look, "But I swear that I just ended up there by accident. I didn't mean to be in one of Corneo's warehouses."

Leslie narrowed his yellow eyes and spoke harshly, "Be glad that I was out on an errand for the Don, and it was only me who found you. If it hadn't been for me and it was one of Don's lackeys, then you'd be done."

Sara immediately thanked him again, "I thank you again for finding me and bringing me to a safe place. Speaking of that, where exactly are we?"

Leslie replied, "You're in Corneo's hideaway."

Hearing this, Sara snapped, "You brought me to Corneo's hideout? What were you thinking, idiot?!"

Leslie snapped back, "This was the only place that I know where the Don won't find you! And where nobody else won't harm you! Since where I saw you, you were very close to Wall Market! So be glad that I brought you here!"

Sara's shoulders went down. To think of all the places where she landed and right on a site she wished she'd didn't. It had to be a warehouse belong to an infamous crime lord, Don Corneo.