Ch.9

At Shinra Headquarters, President Shinra sits at his desk looking at Heidegger with a stern look and asks, "Are we on schedule?"

Heidegger replied with a laugh, "Gya, haha, ha! The Turks are on top of it. Yes, there will be no delays."

"Please, Mr. President! I am asking you to reconsider, no, begging!"

President Shinra narrowed his eyes at the man who made the protest. The gentleman's name is Reeve Tuesti, who's the head of urban development. Reeve has black hair, a mustache, and a chinstrap beard. He wears a dark blue business suit with a white shirt and a red tie.

Reeve continued his protest, "The Sector 7 undercity is home to more than 50,000,"

"Director Tuesti.." President Shinra scoffs at Reeve.

But Reeve gritted his teeth and pressed on, "At least issue a warning, sir!"

Heidegger pinches his nose and says, "The stench of the director's cowardice fills the room yet again."

Reeve glares at Heidegger for that insult.

Unlike Heidegger, who's ruthless and never cares for the lives of others. Reeve was the opposite of that when he heard that Shinra would intentionally drop the plate of Sector 7. He quickly rushed to the president's office to convince the president to reconsider the order. But Reeve knew that convincing the president would be hopeless; at least Reeve would try.

"Reeve." President Shinra called out.

Reeve looked at President Shinra, seeing those eyes filled with nothing more than ambition and lust for power. In Reeve's heart, he knew that his plea never fell through.

President Shinra, "Progress requires sacrifice. Learn to live with it."

Reeve said nothing, only clenching his fists as he could feel the defeat weighing on his shoulders.

Cloud slowly opened his eyes and lifted himself. The first thing he saw was Sara, Tifa, and Aerith lying on the damp floor in front of him, unconscious.

As he stood up, he heard something move from behind. He grabbed the handle of his sword and turned only to find that there was nothing, just a dark tunnel.

Cloud wondered, "Where in the...?" Then his nose wrinkled at the awful smell, "Damn, it reeks."

That is when he knew exactly where they are. They were in the sewer system.

Cloud looked at the girls and decided to walk over to Sara. He gently shook her shoulder, hearing a moan from her. Sara opened her eyes, blinking several times, and looked at Cloud perplexed.

Sara, "Cloud?"

Cloud, "You okay?"

Sara nodded, "Yeah." Then she recalled what Corneo said and immediately stood up, "Shit! That bastard better not be messing with us."

Cloud, "Yeah, I hope he is just bluffing."

Sara, "But we need to get to Sector 7 as quickly as possible."

Cloud agreed with her. Then, Aerith and Tifa started to wake up, both feeling the pain from the impact of the fall.

Aerith groaned, "Dammit."

Tifa hissed, "That bastard."

Suddenly they heard the sounds of something thumping on the ground. It sounded enormous and probably not friendly. Sara saw something emerge from the shadows of the dark tunnel. It was a weird-looking creature with the head of a boar, the tongue of a snake, fangs from a dog, legs of a goat, arms of a gorilla, horns of a bull, and a long tail with spikes at the end.