Ch.11

Even though the chances of stopping Shinra from dropping the plate were slim to none, yet that did not stop Sara and the others from trying. Sara knew that Tifa didn't want to sit back and do nothing, even if there was no chance.

When Sara and the others arrive at the gated entrance to the support pillar, they all noticed a group of residents standing around doing nothing but watch. Yet, they seemed confused about why people wanted to do something to the pillar and the other party defending it.

"What you got!? Come on!"

Tifa gasped as she recognized that booming voice. She looked up and saw Barret shooting at one of the choppers while still climbing up the stairs of the support pillar.

Tifa exclaimed, "That's Barret!"

Suddenly an explosion was fired below a few stairs where Barret stood, and someone was falling, and that person was Wedge.

"Wedge!" Cloud, Sara, and Tifa exclaimed simultaneously.

Wedge tries to use his grappling gun to hang on. Yet, a part of the pillar collapses, causing Wedge to let go of the grappling gun, and hits the ground near the entrance to the pillar. He landed hard on the ground and may have broken a rib or two.

Cloud rushes over to him and quickly asks, "You okay!?"

"Cloud!" Wedge exclaimed; he was happy to see Cloud, "It's Shinra! They're trying to take out the pillar!"

Cloud replies, "I know."

"I have to go back! Barret and the others are still!" Wedge struggled to get up, but his whole body was in pain that Cloud knew he was in no shape to fight.

"Stop!" Cloud immediately tells him and turns to the girls, "Stay with Wedge. Sara and I are going up."

Tifa nodded, and Aerith replied, "Sure!"

"I'm going too!" Wedge insisted, "I can still fight!"

Sara noticed the determined look in Wedge's eyes as Wedge continued speaking, "Biggs, he...They were shooting at me, and he..."

Tifa crouches down and looks at Wedge in the eyes and shook her head, "Wedge, please. Let Cloud and Sara handle it."

Sara gets on one knee and smiles at Wedge, "We've got this."

Aerith walks over and tells Cloud, "Don't worry, I'll patch him up."

Suddenly another loud explosion was heard, followed by the ground shaking slightly.

Wedge looks up and yells, "Hang on, guys! Help is on the way!"

Yet two grey phantoms went up to the pillar while passing Cloud and the others. Cloud knew that things were not looking good and decided to give Wedge an order.

Cloud turns to Wedge, "Wedge listen to me. You stay here with them."

After that, Cloud leaves, followed by Sara. Wedge looked at the two with mixed feelings of shame and longing to join back in the fight.

Biggs was injured with wounds of where bullets had grazed him a few floors up, yet he somehow was still able to move. He drags himself to the railing and spots two familiar people he was hoping would show up.

Biggs snickered, "Bout time you two showed up."

He looks back and could sense that more soldiers were coming for him. He reloads his gun, knowing that the odds of him coming out of this were not looking good. Yet, he couldn't give up now.

"Gotta do my part to clear the path before you two steal the show."

After saying those words that gave him the boost he needs, Biggs turns back and readies his weapon, pointing at a group of foot soldiers.