Chapter 1

"Aurelia... I have a surprise for you," David said.

"You do?" Aurelia asked, her bright green eyes marred with an unforgotten sadness.

"Yeah." David was smiling. "Come with me!"

Aurelia sighed and followed him out of the house.

It had been five years... Aurelia had tried to convince David to stop attacking the Thunder Stone pack, but nothing she said got to him. He would always grow agitated and ask her why she was trying to stop him, and she gave up each and every time...

Aurelia wished he wouldn't be so bent on getting vengeance for his parents, her foster parents. But she understood his need for it. After all, the Thunder Stone pack had killed them just for being rogue wolf-shifters.

They walked for a long time and Aurelia's feet started to ache.

"Are we there yet?" she asked.

David smiled at her, and she saw a weird look in his blue eyes. But she trusted him.

"Close your eyes," he said.

Aurelia complied, and he led her onwards for a while. Then she heard a whipping sound and her eyes snapped open.

Something cold, something metal, was pointed at Aurelia.

The cold barrel of a metal gun.

And standing behind the trigger was David.

"D-David? What are you doing?" Aurelia whispered.

David smirked.

"You've always been so useless, Aurelia," he said. "I don't need or want you here."

Aurelia's eyes grew wide as David's finger moved over the trigger.

The last thing she heard was his laugh.

Aurelia woke up to the sound of the beeping of a heart monitor. Confused, her eyes snapped open. Breathing hard, she realized she was in a hospital.

Had it been a dream? Had David really shot her?

But the pain in her to middle told her that he had, and it had all been real.

How had she gotten here?

Her breathing slowed as she realized she was alive, and safe from David.

Or so she thought.

The door opened to reveal David's angry face.

Aurelia gasped as her panicked thoughts went all over the place.

He's here to kill me!

W-why is he doing this?

Is it really because I'm weak?

I thought we were friends...

How can he do this?!

David walked over.

"You're not dead. But you will be," he growled as he yanked the oxygen mask over her face out.

Then he grabbed her, dragged her outside to somewhere.

She didn't know where and she didn't really care anymore. Her best friend... He hated her for some reason.

David smirked. "They'll kill you for trespassing," he said. "After all, you are just a human."

Human.

Human.

Just a human.