Chapter 3

Xander sighed.

"What is wrong with you?" Aurelia shouted.

It had been two weeks. Two weeks of continuous torture.

"I never trusted you, and that was the best decision I've ever made."

He put his hands on her shoulders, but she flinched away.

"Are you trying to kill me?" Aurelia growled. "I don't understand. I don't even know who the hell you are. Why are you doing this to me?!"

"I have to tell you the truth," Xander said patiently, "but you need to calm down."

Aurelia frowned at him.

Was he telling the truth?

She was so tired of this guessing game.

Xander eyed her warily, like she was a wild animal.

He is the predator here, not me! Aurelia cried silently.

"Aurelia, please," Xander begged.

Aurelia gulped, but then her eyes blazed again. "Just tell me!"

"Okay," Xander said reluctantly.

Aurelia watched him.

"You are the lost daughter of my Alpha and Luna."

Aurelia's eyes grew wide. "Excuse me? What?!"

"I know it's hard to believe, but it is true." Xander paused. "Pretty sure I told you this before, but by my pack, I mean the Silver Fall pack."

"YOU MEAN THE ROYAL PACK?!" Aurelia nearly screamed.

"Yes, Your Majesty," Xander said in a mocking tone.

"No, no, no, no, you're not calling me that! I'm not a princess!"

"Aurelia..."

"I WILL NOT BELIEVE YOU!"

Xander sighed. "Aurelia, listen to me!"

Aurelia stopped screaming and stared at him, panting.

"I am Xander Karesol, lord commander knight of Alpha Aurelios Reone and Luna Vayna Reone," Xander said. "You are Princess Aurelia Reone, only daughter of the Royal Wolf-shifters. Therefore you are also the heir to this pack."

Aurelia's mouth felt dry as she tried to speak. All that came out were half-noises and stuttered words.

"It's okay, I know this is a lot to take in," Xander said. "And before you ask..." He sighed. "I had to make you fight the wolf-shifters because you must be stronger before you can be presented to our pack."

"Presented?" Aurelia managed to utter.

"Yes," Xander said. "The Alpha and Luna are growing older, and the pack worries. They need a future ruler, and that is you."

Aurelia bit her lip. "Could you please... go?"

Xander nodded. "I'd get ready if I were you, because I'll be bringing the Alpha and Luna to see you tomorrow morning. They want to see you fight."

"How am I supposed to fight when no one's ever even taught me?" Aurelia asked.

"Uh... well..." Xander muttered. "I suppose I'll have to teach you after tomorrow..."

"Fine..." Aurelia said, defeated.

"Bye." Xander left the room and Aurelia's thoughts began to suffocate her.

What had just happened?

She was what? The daughter of the wolf-shifters Alpha and Luna, whom even the human king and queen didn't bother?