Chapter 5

Aurelia slowly regained feeling.

Her body was aching and she felt like she had just died.

But where was she?

Aurelia blinked as she tried to move her head so she could see where she was, but pain erupted in her neck and she gasped. She tried again to be met with the same results.

Then she remembered what had happened before.

It must be that part where someone sliced my neck... Aurelia realized.

She was stuck with staring at the familiar white ceiling of the room she had stayed in since she arrived at this place.

Aurelia blinked a few times as she adjusted to the light hitting her eyes.

Did she win the fight?

Why couldn't she move?

And how did she get here anyway?

"You're awake," Nyx's voice came to her ears.

"Hrmh?" Aurelia croaked as she tried to move only her eyeballs to see.

"You fell unconscious, so we carried you here," Nyx explained.

"We?" Aurelia repeated as she realized that Nyx stood looming over her.

"Xander. And me."

"Ohh..." Aurelia muttered. Then she coughed. Her throat was so dry. "Could you get me some water? Please," she remembered to say

"Yes, Princess." Nyx rushed off as Aurelia sat up slowly. A minute later, she was back. She handed Aurelia a cup full of water.

"Thanks."

There was silence for a few moments as Nyx watched her drink.

"Princess... I am probably going to activate the Alpha's A.T.S. for this, but..." Nyx took a deep breath and sighed, trailing off.

"But what?" Aurelia prompted.

"...Your father... He is not really a good person." Nyx winced as though someone had hit her.

"Nyx?!" Aurelia gaped at her, green eyes wide and fearful.

Nyx growled. "I am still going to say this. He is planning to manipulate you, Princess. He will not let you rule properly. Even after you..." Nyx's eyes widened in pain as her right arm shot out and grabbed the wall for balance. "Even after you become ruler, he will be the one ruling. He is planning to use you, even though you are his daughter. I would... I'd tell you more, but... even if this is not already a death wish for me, I will never be able to speak again if the Alpha had his way..."

Nyx choked as blood poured out of a wound that appeared on her face.

"Nyx?!" Aurelia cried in shock and horror. "What's happening to you?"

Nyx's eyes closed for a moment before they opened again, filled with determination. "Never trust."

As it turned out, those were the last words Nyx said before she fell, unconscious.

Aurelia's eyes widened. "No..." the word slipped out of her mouth. Her head snapped up. "Xander!" she screamed in desperation.

Footsteps pounded on the ground as Aurelia waited and waited in despair. Xander stood at the door as he kicked it open.

She heard the air leave his lungs as he saw his sister sprawled on the ground. He stared at Aurelia, frozen in place.

"W-what happened?" he gasped, his voice barely a whisper.