Chapter Fourteen

Shoutout to @AbriannaHudlow and @Savannahthesandwing  For motivating me to publish this chapter after such a long wait 

"Take him to the healer's hut," Glory ordered her two guards who both looked like they certainly weren't in the mood for their queen's order. "Make sure he doesn't do anything mischievous."

"I certainly won't, sister," Dingo said genuinely, nodding. The RainWing Queen blinked at him like the SandWing had just spat at her talons.

"Did you just call me 'sister'?" She said. Deathbringer stepped forward nobly, looking like he was the lord of the royal hut and strutting like he was a prince. He stood beside Glory with a smug look like always.

"You will address Queen Glory as Your Majesty, thank you very much," the NightWing said sternly.

"Like you do, anyway," Glory rolled her eyes as she turned back to Dingo, who was now gone from his spot. She growled. "Where is he?"

"Right here!" Moondrift and Deathbringer both yelled at the same time, looking like they were fighting over to catch the SandWing who was trying to escape again.

Moondrift had him pinned down while Deathbringer was grabbing Dingo's tail and making sure it wasn't going to go through anyone's scales. Despite their teamwork, Moondrift and Deathbringer both glared at each other with the mutual look that yelled, 'I GOT HIM FIRST! I'M THE BETTER ASSASSIN!'

"Great job," Glory sighed in relief. Snowstorm felt like he should do something, so he stepped before Dingo, who glared at his icy talons while being pinned down. "Don't try to go anywhere again, we're helping you." Glory warned.

"Ugh," Dingo groaned, "I won't, sister."

Queen Glory's eyes twitched at that last word and she ordered her guards to take Dingo away to the healer's hut. He kept a stern face as two RainWings dragged him out of Glory's hut. Snowstorm saw the look on Spectral's face when she wasn't the guard to take Dingo away.

Snowstorm knew she was Glory's best guard, but Glory probably didn't see that. 'And now we got that handled,' Snowstorm thought, 'then maybe I could try practising controlling Menace, well, not controlling, but cooperating with him.'

Moondrift walked to Snowstorm after giving Deathbringer one last scowl as he shot her a dirty look. She sighed, pulling out the map of the continent with the scribbles of the maze drawn all over it. Snowstorm leaned in to get a closer look and started to study it along with Moondrift, and then Spectral jumped in.

"Is that this underground system maze thing you guys were talking about?" The RainWing asked as Glory went off to do more paperwork and Deathbringer stood at the entrance and watched. "It looks really strange, like six different mazes put into one."

"That's what it looks like," Moondrift said, trailing her claw over the first maze. "These paths are all apart from each other, like six different dragons have to enter them and go their separate ways."

Snowstorm looked at the second maze and saw small splotches in some of the ways. "These ink marks look like obstacles you'll face when you go through there. That one there looks like some ravaging monster."

"Look at the center," Spectral gasped. "This maze is in a circle, and those are the entrances at the edges of the circle. It looks small from there, but then it starts...expanding?"

Snowstorm saw in the center of the maze, where the finish line was, lay a big question mark to mark down that what was at the end was unknown. Then he started to wonder who drew this on the map. Did they encounter the maze themselves? Did they manage to survive? 'Of course they did, that's how this map is here!'