Chapter Four

"What's wrong with that?" Spectral asked. "Three moons, you're hyperventilating, is it this serious that she's been crying—?"

"Moondrift never cries," Snowstorm pointed out. "That means whatever reason she's been tearing up, it's something really serious."

"But wouldn't she be crying if she was...sad?" The RainWing said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I mean, if you're saying something serious would be something SAD, then probably."

But what could she be so sad about? Snowstorm wondered. The tears were in the form of a giant puddle, a huge mess beneath his talons. She even told me how she was worried, she seemed happy, relieved last night...so what happened?

"She told me she needed to check Glory's hut for the entrance, that's where she figured it might be," Snowstorm concluded. "We have to pay a little visit to the queen."

"She's not here," Glory said blankly, shaking her head. Deathbringer was standing right next to her and they both seem to have eye bags beneath their eyes.

The NightWing didn't look as smug as always, he didn't even look the slightest bit of joy in him at all, like his happiness had been completely taken away from him.

Queen Glory looked even worse. She looked like she'd been crying too and her eyes were flooded with red and dark bags circled her whole eyes. Her scales were dull grey and nothing else. The flowers weaved into her crown were withered and dead.

Snowstorm looked over her shoulder and found her sloth looking as depressed as ever. Everything in this area was depressing, it looked like this beautiful paradise looked dull.

Deathbringer looked down below the balcony and started flying away, soaring downwards towards something. Glory wiped her face and walked inside.

"And now if you'll excuse me," she sighed, choking through her words, "I...I have some work to attend to..."

Snowstorm tilted his head at Glory, who wore the blank, yet emotional face. He sighed and turned around, seeing Spectral with a sad look too.

He looked down at the entire village, which seems to have grown more and more withering than when he woke up just this morning. Why is everything so dark and sad now? Did anyone else see that but him?

Snowstorm started getting worried, did his inner demon unleash itself in its sleep again? Is that why Moondrift was crying in the first place? Did he kill someone again?

No, Snowstorm thought, if I did, I would have definitely had blood covered all over me...especially between my teeth and on my talons.

He gave Spectral a look that said, We better keep looking.

She apparently got the message and nodded like nothing was really happening. The RainWing started flying away in a random direction in absolute silence. Snowstorm was puzzled, but followed her anyway, not knowing where they were actually going to.

They flew for five minutes without a single word from anyone in the RainWing Village, so Snowstorm wondered what was going on in the NightWing's.

Spectral stopped and lowered her eyes emotionlessly down at a dragon sitting down beside a tall tree with all the shade that any dragon could possibly need.

Snowstorm saw the dragon and immediately bolted to her. "There you are!" He exclaimed. But his face fell when he realised he saw Moondrift wasn't crying anymore. She looked up at him with the most hurt eyes Snowstorm had seen from her.

Her eyes sparkled through her anger. "Why are you here?" She demanded with her voice completely shattered. "I thought WE WERE DONE."

Snowstorm blinked, stopping himself before he hugged her. "What?"