Chapter Five

"It was only sunrise ten minutes ago," Moondrift said at the platform she and Snowstorm slept on. "It'll be a long time till it will be night again. But we should be careful. He could still take the form of any dragon and get into the light."

"But he could have when we were in the sun," Snowstorm pointed out. "Though he chose not to. Are we really that sure he actually wants to kill you or me? He seemed like he was forcing himself, yet he didn't want to."

Moondrift muttered something Snowstorm couldn't hear. He was still afraid of how the demon inside him would just suddenly break loose and take full control over him, that he couldn't do anything about it soon. That was his greatest fear. He was too scared he might kill those he loved, even his father, whom he didn't like, but was still a part of his family.

No one deserves to be near me when I'm evil, he thought sadly. He felt the beast swarming all over inside him, making his stomach twitch and turn with pain. He groaned.

"O-ow," he grunted, sitting down. Moondrift looked at him and sat down beside him. "Don't worry about me, it's just a stomach ache. But I think I need to rest for a moment." He laid down and closed his eyes, hoping the pain would go away.

He's never had anything like this. Sure, there was always pain when the demon would want to break free, but never when he couldn't even feel the thing trying to go loose. He sighed and felt Moondrift's talon on his snout. He opened his eyes.

"No," she said, "I'm going to stay here with you until you get better, which I hope will be very soon."

She brushed her wing softly with his and gave him a warm smile. He smiled back, wanting to insist that she should just carry on looking without him, but he didn't have the strength to do that at the moment. He just closed his eyes again and let himself fall into the depths of his subconscious.

He woke up again, but Moondrift wasn't standing there on the platform with him. She was lying on the ground, looking fast asleep yet Snowstorm couldn't see her chest rising nor falling. She wasn't even breathing. She was dead.

Snowstorm immediately stood up and ran to her, tears filling him up. "No!" He cried, dropping to his knees and clutching her tightly  in his arms. He hugged her even tighter, letting his stream of tears drop onto her scales, which were completely pale and didn't shine like it used to.

"No," he whispered in her ear. "You can't be dead," but the evidence was clear. Moondrift covered in purple blood head to claw and Snowstorm had a feeling he knew who had done this to her.

"It was me," he cried even more, brushing his snout on the side of her head. Just holding her in his arms made him become painted with her blood. He looked down at her chest and saw that her heart had been pierced. "I'm so, so, sorry, Moondrift," he wailed. "Please come back to me,"

She was utterly and very much breathless. Her dead body laid there helplessly, her dagger still in her arms, coated in her own blood as well. And Snowstorm couldn't do anything about it. He wanted to stay there in that same spot for all eternity, just so he could still be with Moondrift, even when she's already dead.

The sky darkened into blood red as the clouds turned black and the sun and moon collided into one. Wither was in the center of it, cackling like the mist evil dragon he could ever be. His malicious look turned to Snowstorm, whose eyes were still flooded with tears and holding Moondrift.

"She's long gone!" The shadow dragon called. "After all, you're the one that did this to her! You're the one who did this to everyone!"

"W-what?" Snowstorm cried. He looked down at the RainWing Village. He saw Queen Glory in tears, her own blood was everywhere on her. She was kneeling down on the ground behind a dragon who was turned into an ice statue.

Snowstorm realised it was Deathbringer. The NightWing had his wings flared widely in front of Glory with a fierce look on his face. He looked like he had just saved his queen's life by sacrificing his own. And Snowstorm knew he had used his frost breath on him and killed him.

Glory looked up at Snowstorm and pointed at him. "You did this," she snarled, choking on each word. "This is all your fault! Look what you've done to my kingdom! To my Deathbringer!"

The air began to turn colder. Snowstorm frantically looked around the Rainforest and saw dead dragons everywhere. RainWings with pure white scales and lifeless faces. NightWing covered in red blood, looking more like SkyWings than actual NightWings.

And I did all of this, Snowstorm thought. This demon inside me made me a monster too.

He let go of Moondrift slowly and cried. He laid down in his despair. "I'm sorry, Moondrift," he whispered again. "I never thought I would lose you, or that you would lose." He crawled back to her and gently placed his talon on her cheek. "Please come back to me,"

Her eyes slowly opened and looked at him like she had no life.

"This was your doing," she said quietly, but angrily.

"This was all your fault,"

AA/N:
Sorry if the plot is all mixed up. I haven't really planned my fan fictions much because I'm either not bothered to plan this thoroughly or that I'm just too impatient with what's going to happen further on in the story.

I still hope you'll enjoy it, I'm still trying my best to make it make sense (if what I said made sense, lmao ) and write it so it would have more excitement in it.

The next fanfiction will be planned better than this one and the last one, I hope. Again, I hope you'll still enjoy it even if I think I should just write these all over again with it planned better.

-928 Words