Chapter Six

"N-noo!" Snowstorm yelled, waking himself up with a start. Moondrift was reading another scroll; she looked up from it and fixed her eyes on him.

"Well, it looks like your stomach ache just went away," she said, standing up and dropping her scroll on the ground and narrowing her eyes on it. "If you're feeling better we can start looking for Spectral—what are you doing?"

Snowstorm had run up to her and hugged her, squeezing all her scales together. She looked rather annoyed, but smiled anyway. She hugged him back.

"Alright, penguin head," she said. "You can let go of me now. You seem to have had quite the dream from what I could get from your mind."

He slowly let go of her. "Did you see my dream?" He asked nervously. "Did you see what was happening in there? And do you think it might actually happen?"

Moondrift tilted her head at him. "No, no and no." Her ears twitched as she looked around. Her eyes caught something down at Glory's hut. Snowstorm could see the way her face fell, but froze with terror.

"Oh no," she gasped. "It's him."

"Who's him?" Snowstorm asked worriedly. "WHO WHO WHO!"

"Have you ever heard of the Darkstalker?" Moondrift asked him. The look on her face made Snowstorm uneasy.

Yes, he has heard of the Darkstalker, it was one of his childhood nightmares. It was told that Darkstalker was one of the most powerful dragons that ever stepped foot in Pyrrhia; an animus, seer and mind reader put together and you get the birth of your doom.

Darstalker's story had always frightened Snowstorm when he was younger, mostly because of how Darkstalker hates all IceWings and had disemboweled his own IceWing father and lost his NightWing mother, but Snowstorm knew what happened to her.

The thought of that made Snowstorm shiver. Why had Moondrift asked him that question like it was a matter between life and death? Darkstalker had been trapped into a deep sleep for two thousand years after his beloved and best friend had betrayed him, so there was no reason for Moondrift to be so—

"He's here," she said. "Darkstalker, he's here. In the Rainforest, challenging Queen Glory for the NightWing throne. Right now. But there's someone else."

"Darkstalker is here?" Snowstorm whispered, quivering with fear. "Then we're all doomed, Moondrift!"

"He's a mind reader," Moondrift said softly, "just like me...he's a NightWing IceWing hybrid....just like me..."

Snowstorm looked down and saw him, and also nearly screamed at the sight of HOW GINORMOUS HE IS NOW. The IceWing prayed to the moons that Darkstalker wouldn't look his way, so he turned his back from the view and turned away, not looking at him.

But Snowstorm saw the look in Moondrift's eyes when he looked at her. Like she seemed delighted, almost trusting him and seeing that he's a good guy.

"Um...Moondrift?" Snowstorm asked nervously. "You don't seem so scared of him as you were a moment ago..."

Moondrift turned her head to him. "What are you talking about, Snowstorm? Darkstalker isn't a dragon to be scared about, he's the best dragon there is!"

Snowstorm stared at her, completely appalled by what she just said, not because she said positive things about Darkstalker, but because she actually had such a happy mood and complimented someone she didn't truly care about.

It's him, he thought, he's probably cast a spell on her or something. But Darkstalker wasn't his main problem, even though he just looked at Snowstorm, with a secret look that says, Why isn't the spell working on you?

The giant dragon turned away from the royal hut and flew off, giving Snowstorm a disturbing look that would haunt him for the rest of his life.

Don't worry about him, his brain went on, what's more worrying is this demon. If the full moon is up tonight, it's gonna want it's light and take over me.

"Moondrift, snap out of it," Snowstorm said sternly. "You would never say something like that."

"I would say the same thing about you," Moondrift said hurtfully. Snowstorm felt guilty now, he normally didn't say anything at all, he was usually quiet, never speaking his own opinions. And when he had the courage to finally do so, he immediately regretted it.

His beloved turned away from him and flew off, leaving Snowstorm by himself, standing there in the center of the platform and wondering where on Pyrrhia Spectral was and how she had never been seen.

If Moondrift is angry at me now, he sighed, then she wouldn't be happy searching for the entrance with me. So I'll do my own investigation for the time being. He glowered down at the dragons that Darkstalker had put spells on.

I'm going to find Spectral and find out what has happened to her.

AA/N:

I feel like the story is out of place from the events of the actual WOF books.

-811 Words