Into You Like a Train

We were nearly at Cell Block D, we hadn't run into much more trouble since the Big Tiny incident. T-Dog now led the way while Rick, Daryl, and I hung back watching the rear, or more like watching Tomas.

"Did you see the look on his face?" I whispered to Daryl, referring to Tomas killing his friend. There was no remorse.

"If he makes one move," Rick warned us. He then handed me one of his spare knives, gesturing that I should use it if I needed to.

"Just give me the signal," Daryl responded. Tomas was now on probation in our minds, one wrong step and he'd be considered a threat.

We approached a room ahead of us, T-Dog peeked through the little window and nodded to say it was clear. We had now found the old laundry room, a few sheets laid around on the floor and in baskets but other than that it was deserted. As we walked through we could hear the faint sounds of walker groans coming from the other side of the opposite door, we would need to take them out to continue through the prison.

Tomas stood in front of the doors, listening to the gurgles that filtered from the cracks in the door. Rick threw our keys to his feet.

"I ain't opening that," Tomas immediately objected.

"Yes, you are. You want this cell block, you're gonna open this door," Rick explained, "Just the one, not both of them."

Tomas sighed in frustration before reluctantly picking up the keys. I walked up behind him, preparing myself for the number of walkers that could come stumbling through that door. Tomas looked back at Andrew, giving him a long stare like they were communicating with one another. I narrowed my line of sight on him, watching him before he slipped the keys into the lock.

With a final click, the lock fell to the ground and he held tight onto the doorknobs, "You bitches ready?" With that said he yanked open both the doors against Rick's orders and jumped back from them to hide behind us.

"I said one door!" Rick shouted at him before stepping in to take out the first walker. Tomas was sneakily plotting to get us all killed.

"Shit happens!" Tomas shouted back. Although he finally stepped up, helping us take down the small herd that filtered through.

I stepped up into line, swinging and slashing at each walker that got within two feet from me. It was an entire cell block of inmates that limped out of the room on the other side. Most of them looked to have died from starvation or a bullet to the chest. Our inmates were all yelling as they attacked the walkers, creating a fluster among the killing.

I was just retrieving my crowbar from one of the walker's skulls when Tomas caught my attention. He was going for a walker coming for Rick, thinking he was finally putting his differences aside and helping Rick he swung his machete at the walker's neck. Although, he purposefully missed the walker, only knicking its skin before the machete went straight for Rick. Rick kept a close eye on him though, stepping back before the machete could make contact.

Tomas then spotted me watching, grabbing the next walker to come his way and pushing it over on top of me. The walker grabbed onto my shoulders and knocked me to the ground with the force of it being thrown on me. I was fuming, the rage surging through my blood as the walker held onto my jacket and tried to chomp at my skin. As the walker spit at my face, it reached up and clawed at my neck, ripping off the bandage covering my neck wound, the anger finally overtook me. I pushed the dead weight off of me, rolling over on top of it and pressing my forearm to its neck. I swiftly grabbed Rick's knife from my belt and sunk the blade into the side of its head.

The room was quiet now, they had killed the remaining walkers. The only sound that I could seem to hear was my heartbeat banging against my eardrums from the anger. I yanked the knife out of the walker's head and got back to my feet.