4

4

Please drop in your votes and comments. It will be true motivation to write more.

***

Ashwin has hard time making small talks. It was the reason he barely had friends in the industry. More than often when he tried to make small talks he ends up either being presumptuous or irrelevant. So, he decided it is best if he just takes a step back and observe before he says anything. This also explains his reservation during the initial episodes of the show.

It was people in the show who made him feel comfortable enough to bring a side of him that not many but closed ones have witnessed. In fact, some shades even closed ones have not witnessed.

He remembers the appalled phone call his sister, followed by his mother made after the promo where Ashwin challenges Baba master that he will win immunity by making Shivangi cook aired. It would be an understatement to say that they were shocked.

"Apdi ellam pesi challenge panna sonnangala?" his sister asked

(Were you asked to pose a challenge by the team?)

"Illa ka. Yen?"

(No, Why?)

"Nee apdi ellam pesara aal illaye."

(It didn't sound like you)

She was right. Ashwin wasn't an antagonistic person, at all. The adrenaline he felt that day was unexplainable.

First master had called Shivangi out for not putting enough efforts which completely irked Ashwin because he didn't believe one bit of it. Yes, she was unsure of nuances in cooking and can hardly ace power tasks with her fragile arms, but she always puts her best foot forward. That in no way means she was any less than others.

Then, master went ahead and made remarks about whatever that was between Ashwin and her, which weren't malicious, but still made Ashwin upset. He didn't know why it mattered so much. It was just harmless quip. In fact, the very show has seen more unforgiving relationship jokes involving Pugazh and many women. Once inside the sets, no one really gets offended with anything.

Ashwin wondered why it stuck him in a place that it shouldn't. Was it because unlike others his intention wasn't completely innocent? He likes when she sprints to his table every time when not paired with him. He likes telling her what he was up to. He likes that in some way his every dish had a contribution from her. He liked seeing her adorable expression when she is stuck between him and others. He felt exuberated when she more than often picks him over every one else.

When Baba master pointed out how Shivangi was always only at Ashwin's table, Ashwin was scared thinking if his inner feelings had become transparent and if Master has somehow sensed that Ashwin enjoyed and encouraged her equally albeit silently.

And that fear triggered him to do whatever he did that week.

They won the round and it still plays out in his mind like a superhit movie, however Ashwin was not late to realize that that was when he started to let his guard down.

Some people who knew him started seeing the difference. Though she has never really confronted him about anything, she carries a knowing smile when he talks about the show. Others who not so close but very perspective like Baba master has also caught on that Ashwin was changing.

Being the only two male contestants they had bonded very well. One day, before shoot, when they were discussing about right way of cooking fish, Shivangi passed by them to get ready not before giving them both her brilliant smile. She was wearing a pretty pink graphic sweatshirt over jeans and her hair was pulled in high pony tail. In spite of zero make up, she looked beautiful and Ashwin's heart warmed up immediately by her presence and smile. He stared at the way she went long after she had disappeared.