9

9

Shivangi held her head between her palms as she looked at the words in the notebook that hardly made sense. Now, she was much better at knowing what to do to balance taste in a dish than balancing the accounts problems in the notebook.

Can she not pass without having to study so much?

"Accident illa. En manasula iruku. Yosichu sollu."

(It wasn't an accident. I feel something for you. Think about it.)

With her heart already in no mood to study, he chose the perfect moment to confess.

Shivangi threw the pen on the bed and leaned back on the bed post. It has been two days since that day in Coimbatore where everything changed.

Her life to a fair extent has always been uncomplicated. What grave troubles could a pampered twenty year old have undergone?

She had perfect clarity about at least what she wanted. She wanted to laugh, live, sing. Exactly in that order. That is what she has been doing as well. People loved her for being herself and she couldn't have asked for more.

Ashwin's entry in her life started very uneventful. He is handsome and there is no denying that. He was like all her secret desires put together. Tall, cooks well and good voice (though he cannot sing to save his life, he sounded like bliss when he spoke in that husky voice with a shyness that she has never seen in men).

Shivangi was attracted undeniably.

Owing to the popularity she garnered with season one of the show and the fact that everyone saw her as a member of their house, she was certain that she was eligible for one free 'out of jail' card and without hesitation showed her liking towards him in the show not fearing criticism.

She was pretty sure he would be eliminated soon. Men never thrived in amateur cooking shows at least. What's the harm?

And she was wrong and how?

He challenged her in a way no one has. It was like he had closed his heart and held a secret key with him. His eyes dared her to take the key from him and open his heart. It felt like a winner takes it all battle and she wanted the prize, the whole of it.

Unbeknownst to them both, they were engaged in a secret game. For every step she took forward, he took a step backward but not before showing her a glimpse of what she could get if she managed to close the distance. She wanted to know more, experience more, own more. He with an invisible string pulled her towards himself. Before she realized what she was doing, she was neck deep in everything.

By the time Shivangi realized the covert game between two hearts was actually unfolding for the world to witness, she was living one of the best moments of her life and was too addicted to give it away.

Shivangi was used to people's amused looks. It was strangely difficult for people to come to terms with a person who was unabashedly honest and optimistic. They thought she was last of a kind and needs to be protected at any cost. However, the way Ashwin looked at her amused was different. It truly for the first time made her feel elated and special.

He gave her enough space to be herself even after knowing that she can be handful. At the same time, he didn't give up on his self. She knew she can overwhelm people. But, he always stood his ground with her. He never gave into her antics when it was time for him to be serious with the task. He also didn't mind playing a part in her gimmicks when the mood was right. He was the perfect calm to balance her storm. They stood together yet shine individually.

He adored her, admired her, respected her, cherished her and listened to her. What more can a woman want for from a man?

Shivangi's friends had tales about their pseudo love stories and dates that was common in this age and pitied that she has to give up on everything for such an early start in career. If only they knew Shivangi was living a fairy tale that could be envy of the whole womankind.