18

18

"Dinner ku dana porom?" Shakila asked Shivangi from where she was sitting in the couch of the bedroom they were sharing

(We are going for dinner aren't we?)

"Aama mam." Shivangi answered looking at Shakila through the reflection of the mirror she was standing in front of.

(Yes)

"Inga, keela irukara restaurant ku dana?" Shakila confirmed

(To in house restaurant, right?)

"Aama. Yen kekareenga?"

(yes, why?)

"Illa, nee ennamo function ku pora maari ready aagura, adhu dan keten."

(Why are you dressed to nine?)

Immediately Shivangi's face heated up at the embarrassment she felt at being caught. Was it that obvious?

Well, how can it not be?

She herself proclaimed numerous times that she is a tomboy in the media. Now, when she is getting ready in a lavender chikankari kurti paired with white Patiala, her hair is pulled into neat French braid (Thanks to her Pavi akka), big rajasthani earings adored her ear (Thanks to her Kani akka) and a beautiful designed black bindi on her forehead along with bright khol and pink lipgloss, one is bound to be look at her strangely.

"Adhu, summa dan mam. Kani akka dan azhaga dress panni vidaren nu ellam senjanga." She lied

(Kani insisted I dress up)

"Edhu naana?"

(Me?)

Shivangi's eyes widened at the voice. When she turned to the right, she found the whole girl gang standing near the door.

"Naana ma unna ipdi ready aaga sonnen? Nee dana akka enaku azhaga kammal valayal ellam kudunga nu enna keta." Kani argued

(Did I ask you to dress up? You came to me asking me to give you beautiful jewellery)

"Unga kittayum ketala?" Pavi asked. "En kitta vandhum keta. Indian edhum illa nu sonnen. At least hairstyle panni vidunga nu padutheeta."

(Did she ask you as well? She asked me to do good hairstyle)

"Nee ipdi dress ellam pannika mataye." Mani looked at Shivangi suspiciously. "Ennamo tappa iruke?"

(You don't usually dress up. Something is fishy)

"Naan yen epdi dress panna kudadhu? Naan um ponnu dana."

(Why can't I dress up? Ain't I a woman?)

"Apdiya?" Mani teased. "Sonna dana teriyum."

(Are you?)

"Summa naan azhaga iruken nu ungaluku poramai." Shivangi made a brave face. "Naan poi ellarum ready ah nu paathutu varen."

(You are just jealous. Let me go check on everyone)

"Naanga ellarum dan inga irukome." Pavi said

(We are here already)

"Adhu, annan ready ah nu paaka poren." Shivangi reasoned

(I want to check on my brothers)

"Anna ready ah nu paka poraya illa nee azhaga iruka nu yaaruko kaata poraya?" Pavi who has always been keen observer of growing relationship between her once upon a time co-star and sweetheart of the sets said.