21

21

Rakshan looked up from where he was seated with morning newspaper in his hand and watched his friend styling his hair for the past fifteen minutes. Ashwin was taking his hair obsession to another level and it only meant he was too distracted to know what he was doing.

"Enna idea, Machan? Ella mudiyum kotra varaikum kodhite irupaya?"

(Dude, are you trying to go bald?)

"Huh?" Ashwin's hand stilled in between his hair and he looked at his friend unsure.

"Enna da aachu? Nethu night late ah vanda, ulunga toongave illa. Naan kooda edho love feeling nu nenachen. Ippo edho mandiruchu vita koli maari suthitu iruka?"

(Are you okay? You came back late last night, you didn't sleep well. I thought it is because of love bug, but you look disturbed.)

How can Ashwin sleep when everything that happened last night kept playing in his mind and no not the romantic bits? The way she looked at him disappointed when he left her at the doorstep.

Ashwin deep inside knew he did the right thing, but he was not sure if he did it the right way.

How can he even venture this topic with her?

"Machan..." Ashwin pulled a chair in front of Rakshan and sat down. "Nee unn wife ah meet pannum bodhu avanga romba young dana?"

(You met your wife when she was young, right?)

"Ama"

(Yes)

"Appoo..." even as Ashwin thought of the question, he realized how absurd it sounded. His story is in no way similar to Rakshan's. There they both were young and clueless which isn't the case with him and Sivaangi. Moreover, he can't discuss his love life with his new found friend as he is Sivaangi's brother by bond if not by blood. It can't be more awkward.

(That case...)

"Vidu da." Ashwin mumbled

(Forget it)

"Machan, enna aachu unaku?"

(What is wrong?)

"Onnum illa."

(Nothing)

"Tappa nenachukada... Idhu dan un first serious relationship ah?"

(Is this your first serious relationship ?)

"Yen?"

(Why?)

"Illa rendadhu naale nalla teliva kolambi iruka."

(Just in two days you look super confused)

Ashwin let his fingers ruffle his hair in frustration. Wasn't relationship going to all flowers and roses?

"Ada paavi, kashta pattu hair set panni kalachita?"

(And now you spoiled hair that was well set)

"Poda." Ashwin sighed defeated

(Whatever)

"Restaurant la vandhu feel pannu da. Enaku romba pasikudhu." With that Rakshan dragged a reluctant Ashwin for breakfast.

(Let's go for breakfast. I am hungry)

Once both the men walked inside the restaurant, they found some tables were already occupied by their friends who were having breakfast.

"Nee dan da kolambi iruka. Anga paaru en tangam jolly ah sandwich saaptutu iruku." Rakshan nudged

(You are the one confused. My dearest looks happy eating sandwich)