22

22

The air was so thick with tension that it could have been cut with a knife. Sivaangi wished someone talked breaking the painful silence.

Arguing with her parents is nothing new to her. She hoped that is what they were doing now. That would have been so much better than each one brooding in a corner with unsaid words.

Shivangi has always been in the moment kind of a person. However, this time, for this particular revelation, she took a leaf from her beau's character and planned elaborate speech on how to tell her parents about her relationship with Ashwin.

The setting was perfect. It was late evening with everyone gathered for some family time after dinner. Shivangi told them about cricket match, how she fell, how Ashwin took care of her. "Nalla porupana paiyan." Her mother commented and that gave Shivangi all the encouragement she need. She in brief words explained how she felt about Ashwin and how he also reciprocated the same without giving away any private details.

(Very responsible boy)

"Enna Shivangi idhu ellam? Nee ipdi solluva nu naanga nenaikave illa. Ellam enga kitta sollitu dan pannuva, veguliya iruka nu nenacha love nu solra?" her mother was appalled.

(What is all this about, Sivaangi? We didn't expect this from you. We thought you were being casual, but now you say you love him?)

"Amma, show la apdi endha feeling-um illa. Ippo dan...." she trailed of

(Mom, we didn't feel anything in the show, it started only now..)

"Andha paiyan ipdi pannuvan nu naan nenaikave illa."

(We didn't expect this from him.)

"Avara onnum solladeenga. Idhu avar mattum samandapatta vishayam illa. Naan um dan love panren."

(It isn't just him. We both are equally involved. )

It wouldn't be fair to say that her parents didn't fear this. They did. But, they have seen impetuous side of Shivangi since she was a toddler. They are accustomed to not taking everything she says and does seriously. As parents, they were convinced that they knew when their daughter was serious.

It was a crush. They knew it. Maybe not the kind she had on Suriya or Ranveer Singh or the cute boy from fifth standard. It was something a little more than attraction and little less than desire. Even as Shivangi signed up her heart for it, they knew she is going to be hurt and yet they didn't stop her. They only relied on the fact that their daughter is strong and they will help her to pick the pieces later.

Shivangi has to do what every girl does in her age and just because she trusts her parents with every detail of her life, they cannot take advantage of her trust and stop her lest she becomes secretive and hide from them.

Unlike the teasing Shivangi endured in previous show, this time her parents took bit of a relief in the fact that it was a man like Ashwin on the receiving end.

From day one he looked like a protector and they knew he will do nothing to harm their daughter. That is the reason they even ignored Pugazh's initial concern.

"Avan unaku set aaga maatan." Wasn't just jibing at their daughter. It was also what they actually felt. Not because they thought their daughter didn't deserve him, in fact she deserved everything under the sun, but because Ashwin gave out the vibe of being unattainable. He seemed too shy and too focussed to fall in love with anyone.

(He won't fall for you)

More than the fact that their daughter is claiming to be in love, the person it is with and the timing all this happened caught the parents by surprise.