19

19

"Unga annan enna panran paaru."

(Look what your brother is up to)

Shivangi turned around to find Pugazh grinning at a young lady who was their waitress that evening. She had equally bestowed grin on her face proving that Pugazh was indeed exercising his charm.

"Avar jolly ah irunda ungaluku enna?" Shivangi defended her brother

(He is having fun)

Dinner was a jolly affair with everyone taking their turn in teasing the new couple while simultaneously reminiscing moments from the show. Currently, after dinner, everyone was scattered in small groups chatting still not ready to call it a night.

Ashwin and Shivangi were with Manimegalai and her husband Hussain listening from the senior couple about their moment of love realization.

"Unga annan enna pannalum unaku okay dan illa?" Ashwin was not ready to give up. He was using the lull in conversation happened when Mani and Hussain became busy in replying one of their friends in emergency.

(Is whatever your brother does okay with you?)

Ashwin loved Pugazh like a brother, but even that couldn't stop him from feeling a tinge of possessiveness when Shivangi unabashedly supports Pugazh. He has no reason to feel that way, especially since Shivangi is completely attuned to Ashwin in or without his presence. However, Ashwin Kumar is a bestowed man and no man in his condition can be rational when it comes to his lady.

"Avar jolly ah flirt dana panraru."

(He is only flirting)

"Oh, appo paakara ponnu kitta ellam flirt panna tappu illaya?"

(Is it okay to flirt with every other woman?)

"Adhu harmless flirting."

(It is harmless flirting)

"Flirting la harmless vera iruka? Unga ponnunga nala mattum dan ellathilayum ipdi category pirika mudiyum."

(Only you women can categorize everything like this)

Shivangi narrowed her eyes at Ashwin. It was so unlike him to prolong such a trivial subject with her, that too about flirting.

"Ungaluku olunga flirt panna teriyadhu nu enga annan paathu poramai padadeenga."

(You are jealous because you can't flirt)

"Edhu!" Ashwin looked at her appalled.

(What?)

By then, Mani and Hussain had joined them back and laughed at what Shivangi had said.

"Enaku flirt ellam panna teriyum dan..." Ashwin drawled

(I can flirt, you know..)

"Naan paathade illa." Shivangi said with an air shrugging her shoulder

(I have never witnessed it)

"Edhu, anda ponnu unkitta pesa varum bodhu muttogse enga nu kepaye adhu dan un flirting ah?" Mani teased.

(When she comes to talk to you, you ask about Cabbage, right? Is that what you call flirting?)

Ashwin glared at Mani. "Adhu show la na busy ah work pannitu irupen. Anga yaaradhu flirt pannuvangala?" Ashwin argued.

(That is because I will be busy with work. No time to flirt there.)