Chapter 9: Expecting the Unexpected

"Ah, apple juice is the best" Izuku exclaimed as he enjoyed the juice Hitomi offered him.

He settled himself in the living room of the Shinsou Residence after being desperately dragged by the older Shinsou. The guy was scared shitless that the number 1 hero will find him talking to a strange kid in front of his apartment, especially if that strange kid is the only child of the president.

"Does your father knew about this?" Hitomi finally musters the courage to ask the most dreaded question in his mind right now.

"He's the one to tell me to check on you. He wants to test how far would you go for your brother. And I wasn't surprised that you'd go behind our backs immediately after the meeting." Izuku explained and then finished the glass of juice in one go.

"The only good thing you did was not saying any more than what you did. Or else I will be forced to intervene." He added when Hitomi didn't say anything.

I am so fired,  Hitomi thought.

"So thanks to you I have two missions now. Spy All Might and protect Hitoshi at all cost."

Hah? Wait.. what?

"What's the catch?" Hitomi finally has something to say and settled on the sofa across Izuku.

Izuku sported a sinister grin. Like a hyena eying his prey.

"Nothing much. Just you going to be the proxy president." The brat tried to sound nonchalant but was purposely failing it.

Proxy president? Is that even a thing?

"Okay let me explain. Dad wants to resolve this as fast as possible, preferably before he ends his term. Now that he has a clear lead, thanks to my team, he wanted to focus on this. He can't do two things at the same time so he wants you to proxy for him. You have to do the time-consuming tasks such as readings reports, proposals, bills, making speeches, etc. "

"So in exchange, he will warrant my brother's safety." Hitomi thought out loud.

"Yes," Izuku affirmed. "Do you not trust me, Hitomi-san?"

Can he trust this cheeky brat with his brother's life?

"You're not on the top 10 people I can trust. But I know you care about Hitoshi. And I also know that you will do anything to protect the ones you hold dear. That's why somehow I respected you. This is not much of a hard deal." Hitomi explained.

Izuku chuckled. This is why he can't antagonize this guy too much. Because he's the beloved brother of his very first and most treasured friend.

"I'll take that as a compliment", Izuku replied.

The two contemplated in silence about the deal they just made. Hitomi has a lot of questions but didn't know where to start. He also can't decide if he would directly ask his employer instead of this punk he sent as his messenger.

Then the door suddenly opened and hurried footsteps followed.

"Tadaima..?"

Hitomi pushed these thoughts aside. He has an immediate crisis right now.

And that's how to explain to his brother why his friend, who has an obvious animosity with Hitomi, is here and drinking juice with him in their living room.

"Okairi!" Izuku greeted Hitoshi.

Hitomi was so worried about being caught red-handed that he didn't noticed it's about time that his brother returns from school.

...

"Izuku?" Hitoshi asked while looking at his brother. Never in his wildest dream has he imagined the two of them sitting peacefully alone in the same room. Is the world ending tomorrow?