Chapter 3: Fake News and Traps

Present Time

"it's fake news", Izuku deduced. Tapping his fingers on a wooden table to help ease his nerves.

"Izuku, I know you admire the woman, but I heard what I heard, she's behind all of this way too large-scale smuggling" sternly declared by an older man by the name of Hero Kaminari.

Hero Kaminari is a well-known information broker in the black market. His quirk allows him to make anything he touches as a bugging device and can hear anything from it whenever he like or wherever he may be. So far, there was no limitation of how many bugs he can create simultaneously, or how long the bugging device will work. He's also a hell of a perceptive person, he just knows where or to whom to put those bugging devices. Police, detectives and villains alike are always visiting him for valuable information. He's not picky on his customers though, he has this policy that the information goes to the highest bidder. Of course, valuable information comes with valuable price.

As of now, Izuku is working hard on his acts to compensate the information Hero-san is giving him. Izuku was lucky enough that the Kaminari clan is one of the pillars of the House of Karma. It also helped that he is best-friends with his youngest son and most probably successor Denki Kaminari.

"B-but Mitsuki-san would never do that! They were best friends!" Izuku argued further.

Izuku was in the middle of planning his grand act before going to high school when a particular rumor starts to spread. This rumor has said that the current Vice President, a former military official, a celebrated war hero, Mitsuki Bakugou, is planning to smuggle large number of weapons and ammunitions and stage a coup to overthrow the current President.

"but little boss," said one of Hero-san's minion addressing Izuku. "We've met Bakugou-san before, she's been here, and she's outright terrifying. She's the kind of person who doesn't give a shit as long as her goal has reached."

"she almost got an information for free" chimed by another minion.

"Big boss was shit-scared" said by another one.

"Shut it scums!" croaked by Hero-san. Face obviously red from embarrassment.

the scums, er, minions finally shut their mouth.

"what would be her goal then?" Izuku dared calmly.

"maybe she wants to convert the government from democratic to dictatorship or communist?" supplied by the minion who spoke first. "She's from the military, and since the emergence of professional heroes, the military and police force were ignored, maybe she wants to bring back her glory days."

Izuku snapped at the accusation.

"how dare you accused Mitsuki-san like that!"

Due to his rage, he unconsciously made a portal below the daring minion and dropped him to God knows where.

That rash act stunned the occupants of the room. After some minutes, Hero-san was the first one to recover.

"the hell?!" he exclaimed. "where did you drop the guy? Is he still alive?"

"..." Izuku tried to look like his pondering something serious.

"don't worry Hero-san" Izuku reassures. "He's just outside"

The rest of them sighed in relief but only Izuku knows that the poor guy was hanging for dear life so he would not fall under the bridge nearest to the broker's base. Or maybe Denki knew too, his face is still frozen in shock of his outburst.

"and I will prove to all of you that these rumors are just fake" Izuku said with finality as we walked out of the room and was then followed hastily by Denki.

***

For two years of warding Izuku, Sora witnessed the transition of the meek middle schooler into a daring and borderline reckless teenager.

Yes, miraculous success on adrenaline-inducing escapades and undue praises from mobsters can do that to a growing child.

And this worried him.

The near-apprehension event months ago took the cake. Sora once again confronted Izuku about the dangers of his acts and convinced him to lie low till he's older and wiser or better stop this madness all at once. But instead, again, of listening to him, Izuku just shrugged him off and just proclaimed that the police got lucky.

This made him desperate and sought for help.

Help in the person named Hisashi Midoriya.

Izuku would really hate him for sure. But this was better than him being caught by the police, or worse by villains.

"I appreciate your concern Maki-san, I will take care of things from here" was the parting words of the respectable president to the worried baby-sitter.

The unexpected calm demeanor but caring eyes of the man though does not assured Sora that he made the right decision. But he does hope it is.

I'm sorry Izuku but you will appreciate this in the future.

The caretaker was solemn in his way back to the estate he originally has to guard.

***

"Sir", said by a bulky guy in a suit as he entered a large study room.

"Izuku Midoriya took the bait" he supplied.

The man behind the impressive mahogany table swiveled by his desk chair and smiled behind his clasped hands.

"Good, prepare the car", commanded by Hisashi Midoriya. He's glad he still can predict his son's behavior, specially if it's about Mitsuki Bakugou.

The bulky guy nodded and exited the room.

"Are you sure you don't want to join me?" he asked the other occupant of the room.

"Nah," Mitsuki said. She's sitting in the visitor's couch.

"For once take responsibility for your bad decisions. If you keep dragging me into this, I might as well adopt your son. You don't want to upset Inko, do you?" she teased.

Hisashi sighed defeatedly.

"Fine. But you must help me calm Inko when I deliver this news to her." He said pleading. If Inko learned her beloved son became a notorious vigilante because of one crucial information hidden from the kid, husband or not, she'll have Hisashi's head on a stake. Never underestimate the strength of an over-protective mother. He clearly needs Mitsuki's protection.

"Yeah, yeah" she replied, flicking her wrist as if shooing him.

"And be gentle with Izuku, remember, it's your fault." She warned him.

Hisashi is well aware it's his fault. No worries though, he ought to make things right.

It's time to improvise, adapt and overcome.