Chapter 5: Point of No Return

Izuku doesn't have any choice, does he?

Working for his dad? Or jail?

The answer was obvious.

"Can I ask a question?" Izuku asked ironically after a few minutes of awkward silence.

His father's eyes lit up like he's planning to equip some lame dad joke. Izuku will not allow that.

"Are we allowed to set conditions?" he followed up immediately.

Disappointed by his stolen chance, the president halfheartedly answered, "as long as it's reasonable. And only three max."

Izuku paused for a moment. Are the conditions he has in mind reasonable enough?

"Okay, three's enough I guess," Izuku then started enumerating his conditions.

"One, you will tell us the truth, the whole truth about your team. Your history, goals, the complete roster of members, short-term and long-term plans, especially that we are going to be a part too"

His father nodded, "Fair enough, as long as you do the same. The second one?"

Nodding in agreement, Izuku continued, "Kaminari Hero and his company should not be under police or any sort of investigation unless a party unrelated among us will file a complaint against them."

This condition made his father tilt his head in consideration. "That is borderline reasonable. But that could be done. Then the last one?"

Izuku took his time finishing his three conditions. He felt like making his last wish to the genie of the lamp.

Is it too soon to reveal his end-game? Will his father accept it? Or even take him seriously? Is it worth the trouble? Is it really a good idea?

Ever since his quirk manifested, Izuku's future was immediately set to a stone. He already has a superman complex to begin with, then having a powerful quirk like this and his eidetic memory to back it all up, Izuku was the perfect hero in training.

But after learning about the House of Karma, Izuku had a new perspective about the world in general. Things were never just black and white, good or bad, heroes or villains.

The world is more than that. There was always a space for a grey area. An area which the best and the worst of both worlds meet.

For the past two years, Izuku lingered in that area. He's been taking out unsuspecting villains hiding under the nose of those who should be busting them and has been working with unnamed heroes hiding in the shadows who wanted nothing but a brighter future for the next generations.

He never told anyone about his end game except for Kacchan, and according to her: It's stupid.

"my third condition is..."

All the other occupants of the room gave him an expectant look.

"a wish," he supplied.

"that when the time is right, you will grant it no matter what."

Awkward silence filled the room.

His father's eyes lingered on his face as if searching for something. When he assumed his father found what he was looking for, he nodded in agreement.

"Very well," Hisashi replied. "I think we are all in agreement here, am I right?" he ask scanning the room and landed his gaze to Hero-san.

"I trust Izuku's judgement in this matter, if he decides to work for you, then I will support him." Said the older Kaminari.