Chapter 12: Sports Festival..?

"Even with the recent events, UA decided to still go on with the sports festival", Aizawa-sensei announced during homeroom.

And as if on cue, the students erupted into chaos.

"But what if the villains attack again?"

"We are still recovering from the trauma!"

"UA has no chill, huh?"

"So, I can still kick Deku's ass?"

"A banquet of madness!"

Hitoshi, on the other hand, was speechless.

Deciding to go on with the sports festival after the USJ attack is UA's way of saying that they are not afraid of the villains. And they really are not; with more than 75% of the faculty having pro-hero licenses, including the number one hero, the attack was merely an ant bite.

But they forgot to mention that the main reason why the villains were easily defeated at the USJ was Izuku, a first-year student who had just started the hero course two weeks ago.

And UA dares to parade their victory just like that.

The attack was a wake-up call to Hitoshi. Villains are real. They are even willing to kill kids for the sake of their goals. Hitoshi in his current state has no match against them.

He must get stronger.

And the sports festival is not the answer to that.

How can he announce to the whole country, including the villains, that he has a quirk that can be potentially exploited by the villains and heroes alike?

After Aizawa sensei glared at the class to silence, Hitoshi raised his hand.

"Shinsou," Aizawa acknowledged him.

"Can we choose not to participate?" he asked nonchalantly as if he was just asking if he may go to the washroom.

The question, however, started his classmates to murmur to each other.

"I would also like to opt-out of the sports festival", Izuku said after a while, raising his hand without waiting for their teacher's acknowledgment. Hitoshi turned back to his friend; the gremlin had the audacity to wink at him.

"We got lucky at the USJ because the villains were not aware of our quirks. And the sports festival, which is televised nationwide, will take out that advantage." Izuku explained.

That explanation gained whispered agreement from the class.

"Finally, someone agrees with me", Aizawa-sensei said with a relieved sigh.

"You can opt-out of the contest if you have my approval. The forms are available in the teacher's lounge, you can fill them out with your reasoning, and I will approve them. Even if your reason is you just don't feel like it, I will gladly approve."

"The sports festival is nothing but a shit show to parade the students to the whole country. But it's a tradition that even Principal Nedzu can't just cancel. Though they gave students the choice to join or not. I was just about to explain that to you lots." Their teacher explained.

"Well, if Deku is not joining, then what's the point? I just want my revenge from the hero vs villains, exercise last week." Katsuki declared.