Chapter 10: What Did I Get Myself Into?

Izuku heard a loud explosion followed by hurried cries of panic.

Not from his immediate surroundings but from the little speaker on his earrings connected to Hero-san's control room.

Which means Hitoshi might be in trouble.

Which is a freaking mystery since his childhood friend should currently be in the middle of the practical part of the entrance exam of UA.

Which is luckily held simultaneously with the assessment exam for the recommendation students.

The last assessment serves to record how fast they can finish an obstacle course. They are allowed to use their quirks and collect flags with their designated colors along the course. Initially, Izuku decided not to use his quirk until he's required to use it in class, but he's in a bind right now.

The finish line is already in his field of vision.

Izuku made a portal and teleported to the finish line beside their proctor which is none other than the elusive hero, Eraserhead. The hero/teacher has an unphased look on his face, but Izuku could tell that the man was a little surprised by the stunt he did.

"I thought you'll never use your quirk today," he asked.

"Sorry sensei, I have an urgent matter to tend to, can I go now?" Izuku hurriedly asked. The distance between him and the hero is quite too close for his fanboy heart, but he has no time to be flustered about it.

"Yeah, sure," the teacher said, unbothered by the teenager's haste.

"Thanks," Izuku was about to leave when he remembered something. "Uhm, sensei? Where is Ground Beta?"

The hero immediately became suspicious but remembered that security cameras and bots are all around the campus. It assured him that this troublemaker can't cause a scene at the examination sites.

"It's the farthest open dome at the back of this building."

A portal immediately opened on the floor between Aizawa and the troublesome teenager. And without any warning, the green-haired kid jumped into the portal and disappeared along with it.

After a few minutes, all the recommended students have crossed the finish line. He dismissed them immediately and went directly to the viewing room.

He's now curious about what happened to Ground Beta.

///

"You've got to be kidding me," Izuku said in disbelief.

The minute he arrived at Ground Beta; he instantly saw Hitoshi jumping almost as high as the giant robot's height.

In one punch, the robot got destroyed. His friend looks so cool. It's like he's watching a hero-villain fight. No wonder All Might chose him as his successor and passed him his quirk.

But soon Izuku's heartbeat flatlined.

Izuku can't recall if All Might can fly but the purple-haired teen was falling to sure death. Izuku must teleport him now, he might get him disqualified, but at least he's alive.

As Izuku gathers his concentration, he noticed a girl riding a floating rock approaching the falling boy. It looks like she's trying to save Hitoshi.

He had no choice but to give her a chance, he'll just put a portal below just in case. She should have a telekinetic quirk or something similar, right? She's not just uselessly approaching him, right?

Right?!

Time slowed as the girl getting closer to the falling boy.

And Izuku should be surprised when the first thing the girl did when she was on touching distance was to slap Hitoshi.