Chapter Twenty-Two (Rowena)

Rowena

Alfred made his way off the dais and sauntered towards us. He walked with the same predatory ease that Henry did, but there was vileness to his movements that made me terrified.

"As is my right, I wish to inspect the marks." Alfred went behind Henry and added, "So there can be no doubts, my son."

With only a half-suppressed snarl, Henry replied, "Naturally, Father."

Alfred made a big show of smelling Henry's mark. I had avoided looking directly at Alfred and instead focussed on Henry. However, the King's exaggerated movements caught my eye, and I flicked my gaze in his direction. I found myself frozen, locked in a gaze that seemed both full of desire and revulsion. Alfred's demonic red and amber eyes danced, he was flush with Lust, drunk on the need to feed. There was no doubt that Alfred would not show the restraint Henry did, and he would be a vicious, cruel, demanding lover. As if to confirm my assessment, Alfred showed me his fangs and tongued them. His actions reminded me of the time I was flashed, and the man had stood there tugging on himself. I closed my eyes, disgusted. I wanted to close my thoughts to him, but I couldn't. I had my secret tucked away, and it was all I could manage to hide.

"Rowena!" Alfred's voice roared in my ears. My whole being trembled with fear, but I had to look, I had a role to play. I forced myself to look at the King. Alfred glared at me from behind Henry. "You are quite the Venus are you not Rowena?" His voice was seductive and harsh, his eyes tried to draw me in.

"If you say so, your Majesty," I said, tearing my eyes away from him and lowering them in what I hoped he saw as a sign of respect.

"Look at me, Rowena," Alfred's order was strong in my mind and I felt a compulsion to obey despite wanting to vomit. Was he trying to Coerce me? Coercing didn't work on Vampires, but Alfred's instruction made me feel like I had no choice but to obey. 

"I think I would like to have you, Rowena. Just for one night. I can't imagine you would hold my attention for longer than that." I felt bile rise in my throat and a sneer curled on my lips before I could hide it. I was told by Felix and Angelica he would try to seduce me, force me to his bed, in fact, it was essential to the plan, but part of me had not believed it. How could a father want to hurt his son like that? Alfred's voice was amused in my head. "Or would you like me to end my son's life now? I could you know."  My eyes widened as he spoke to me, I tried to alert Henry, but his mind was closed as he warned me it would have to be. There were too many secrets in Henry's mind. Henry knew much more than me, I was told only enough to get through the night, to keep the plan safe.

"Answer me!" Alfred's voice tore through my mind and I physically flinched. My head pounded with the force of his word. Lilith, he was strong, but what did I expect from a male with such power? There was a reason he was so feared, why he ruled with no opposition until Henry came of age. 

Henry's voice entered my mind and tried to ask me what was wrong, his concerned voice felt like a whimper after the power of Alfred's shout. Alfred held on to Henry, his fingers gripped his son's shoulders tight, his talon-like nails dug into Henry's clothes.

"No, don't hurt him," I sent to Alfred. He smirked at me, letting go of Henry with a small shove. Grinning like a cat, Alfred moved with long strides and stood behind me.

Frozen in fear, I felt ice through my veins as Alfred ran his finger over my bare shoulder. I shuddered in disgust as I felt his hard nail scrape my skin, but Alfred took my reaction as something else. Pressing his thoughts into me he said, "I don't mind if you shiver from disgust or Lust, Little One. You are beautiful and you smell delicious. As sweet as the first rains after a long hot summer. I did not expect that. Tell me, does my son fuck you as you deserve? Does he satisfy you?"