Chapter Twenty-Four (Rowena)

Rowena

My heart thumped in my chest as Anglica and I walked the quiet halls of the castle. Flanked by Min, Willow and Eliza, I gave my best impression of an empty-headed noblewoman with her chaperone as I giggled my way down to the dungeons.

I babbled like a horny teenager, drunk and in love with a new partner and said the lewdest comments I could, while still maintaining the dignity of a lady. As we rounded the corner to the dungeon doors, I was giggling saying that it will take my mate years to train him to find the little man in the boat. It took everything I had not to blush as I continued my bawdy talk. The chatter had the desired effect on the guards though, who looked red-faced and uncomfortable as they stopped us from entering the dungeons.

"Why are you stopping us, gentlemales?" I pouted pushing my breasts forward as I spoke. Most of Alfred's guards were unmated, Alfred usually got rid of them believing that once they mated their minds were no longer on the job. But by the hungry way these males were looking at me and Angelica, I think Alfred had it backwards.

"You don't want to go down here, ma'am," one of the guards said. "Nothing down here but the dungeons."

I gasped, putting a hand to my chest and opening my eyes wide in faux excitement. "Do you hear that! They have dungeons!" I grabbed Angelica's hands like a child would and excitedly jumped up and down squealing, making sure my breasts would bounce as I did.

Angelica tilted her head imitating a patronizing older woman. "Alright, your Highness." The guards shifted nervously as Angelica addressed me by my honorific title. She addressed the guards, "Princess Rowena, would like a tour of the dungeons."

"Oh, can I?" I clasped one of the guards hands in mine and pleaded, "I've never seen dungeons before, and Henny Baby promised me I could go anywhere I like." I heard Angelica stifle a nervous laugh. I bit my lip to stop my own giggle, where did Henny Baby come from? The guard froze at my touch, but his eyes flicked between my breasts, my hands and my fluttering eyelids.

Min spoke up behind us, "Come on, Yuri. Let her in, it stinks so bad down here she won't want to stay long."

"There are prisoners in some cells." The guard said with a strained voice. Although he was addressing Min, he kept his eyes on me.

"You could show us around, if you like," I said as seductively as I could manage, I took a step closer to the guard, leading with my hips. "You will protect me, won't you?" I cringed inside. I would never have been able to act this way as a human, but Vampires were so innately sensual, all I had to do was tap into my Lust and think of Henry and I felt like an old Hollywood bombshell.

Both guards couldn't keep their eyes off me, both looking me up and down, not bothering to hide their own Lust. The one whose hand I held, Yuri, Min had called him, even licked his lips as his fangs descended.

That's when Min struck at the second guard and planted a small sharp silver knife in his neck. Before Yuri could react, he too was bleeding out from a silver knife in his throat.

"I didn't think you would kill them," I said to Min, shocked but impressed by her sudden, ruthless violence.

"They were not going to let you in. This was the only way. They are unmated, no one will miss them," she said with a dismissive shrug. She was formidable. I asked Angelica and Eliza to stand guard and alert us if anyone approaches.

Min, Willow and I entered the dungeons expecting more guards, but there weren't any as far as we could see. The first room appeared to be a storage area with whips, swords, silver chains, rough blankets, cleaning supplies and a small round table that looked to be 500 years old, But there was also a modern bathroom, and a small kitchenette with modern stainless steel appliances, the sight of which would have made me laugh at how ridiculous it looked if we hadn't been on such a serious mission.