#SHAckLES#!

At that moment, the doctor stood, aiming at Seung Woo's head with his service gun. "For your safety, inspector, don't let down your guard like this," Dr. Noh said. She then turned the gun and handed it to Seung Woo while holding the canon.

Seung Woo didn't even feel the moment the woman grasped his firearm.

"I'll kill you," was all Seung Woo managed to mutter as he retrieved his revolver from the doctor's hands.

"I'm glad to hear it, shall we? You know I don't have much time left."

Doctor Noh motioned to the door, and Seung Woo walked out of the cell.

The woman's eyes scanned Seung Woo, "by the way, I like your outfit. By the end of this, you might even find a new style," the doctor gave the devilish smile of a Mockingbird.

Dr. Noh was strange and crazy. One could not distinguish her jokes from her insanity.

In the car, Seung Woo bombarded the doctor with more questions.

"When were you admitted to the psychiatric ward?"

The doctor chuckled," I'm not admitted here. I work and sleep there because my house is far. I sleep in a cell because it's free, and it allows me to understand how the patient feels."

"But, professor Baek follows you."

"Professor Baek is an opportunist writing a thesis about me which he hopes will win him a medical breakthrough prize. I've always been in and out of the hospital, both as a doctor and a patient. Sometimes I am mice, and sometimes I am a mice keeper. Trust me; we are all running on someone's wheel."

Seung Woo didn't turn his stare from the steering wheel; he clearly envisioned the kind of smirk the doctor harbored while saying that.

"You called us participants when we were in the basement. Do you see the team as some experiment? Why did you choose them?"

"Sung Min has an undying devotion to you. You must have done some heroic deed, which forced his respect. He is loyal and trustworthy; he will stick with you until the end, trying to prove to you his worth.

"Gwak, on the other hand, is a crook. He shouldn't be a cop, but he is there. So you can keep an eye on him, and because he has the flare since you only see the good in people, Gwak will be your eyes when I'm not around. As for Se Ra, well, I already told you. Concerning the team being an experiment, yes, you are all on my wheel. I study human behavior, and so I'm studying this team."

Seung Woo glanced at the doctor, "by the way, did you need to specify the crush thing between Jin and me?"

Doctor Noh placed her feet on the dashboard, "I admit it was for fun. Gwak enjoyed the joke."

"And what do you mean by Gwak will be my eyes? I see very well, thank you."

The doctor turned to face him, "but you don't see the beasts behind the stares, at least not yet. Don't worry. I'll free you from all the daily shackles you've chained yourself to and all the rest. Perhaps by the end of this, you'll be a real human."

Upon these words, the doctor opened Seung Woo's glove box took out his pack of Lucky strikes, unwinded the window, and threw them out.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Daily shackles, remember? I prefer you to die in the line of fire than from cigarettes."

Seung Woo's gaze lingered on the doctor; his whole being was overwhelmed by a ripple, which made him shiver.

For some reason, the man got the impression the doctor cared. The sensation frightened more than the idea of meeting one of her alters.

I'm losing it, thought the inspector as he arrived at the Police station where the officer who replaced Sung Min saluted him.

At 7: 30 AM, they were at the station. Everyone kept staring at them as they passed. Seung Woo wondered if it was the doctor who caught the officer's attention, he couldn't be more wrong.

"Wow, I think it's the end of the world; where's the suit? Tell us in whose video you'll be doing backup vocals," Gwak said, looking at Seung Woo up and down.

With all the events, the investigator forgot the day's outfit. Black Flynites, black harem pants joggers, and hoody, Gwak's remark made Seung Woo wonder if he hadn't overdone it.

Seung Woo wasn't the only one out of context. Sung Min and Se Ra, too, didn't wear their uniform.

"Ahem, let's get to work," Seung Woo said.

"Doctor."

Dr.Noh stepped to the board, took a veleda pen, and wrote STEIN in the middle. The morning greeting and other manners went out the window, dr. Noh had no time to spare.

"So, what do you know about Stein?"

"Ya, do you think we're in high school? I'm not here to do some brainstorming sessions. All of the country's police have gone through this repeatedly; let me go and catch some robbers. I'm no profiler," Gwak said.

The doctor ignored him and continued.