•||PaTiEnT N°1\\•

The small group did not understand what was going on when Seung Woo took his jacket and left.

"What are we supposed to do now? Inspector Choi didn't leave any instructions?" Sung Min's gaze switched from the two officers left in the basement.

Se Ra walked to the table and picked up a folder, "I guess we should start looking at the victim's files."

Working on the Stein cases did not bother Se Ra. It was an excellent way to get recognition, which would have nothing to do with her physique. Also, this allowed her to be with Seung Woo daily.

The doctor saw right. Se Ra harbored feelings for the chief inspector, who represented the main reason for her asking for a transfer to Yongsan's police station. There the woman counted on proving to her sunbae she was not just a pretty face. Se Ra knew the investigator's preferences. Seung Woo was the brain-over-bosoms type of guy.

Gwak's eyes widened, "mwo, you guys want to work on this? You're crazy; I'm out of here."

"I don't think you are going anywhere."

The voice came from the door and made their heads turn; inspector Yong Dong Geun stood in the doorway while other officers disposited the files they brought on trolleys.

Detective Gwak's face twisted in a sneer, "mwoya igeat? "[what's this].

"Here are the files chief inspector Choi asked me to bring. You have all of Stein victim's records from the beginning."

"What," Gwak shook his head, "Hey, I don't know what that suited-up inspector is playing at, but I didn't ask for this; I'm out."

Gwak walked to the door and had taken a few steps when Dong Geun spoke, "if you leave this investigation, you can give your resignation. This is your last straw Gwak. We all know how you work; you better not cause Choi any trouble."

Gwak walked back for a face-off with Dong Geun, "is it blackmail?"

"Take it as you wish, but that's how this is going down."

Detective Gwak did not have many options. He already lost his inspector title; he strode back to his place, "what are you looking at?" He threw at Sung Min.

In the meantime, Seung Woo drove the doctor back.

"Step on it," Dr. Noh ordered.

Gaze fixed on her wristwatch. The doctor counted every second as she tried to calm herself.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Drive."

"You talked about building trust. What is it you are hiding?" Seung Woo said, switching his gaze from the road to the doctor every few seconds.

"I said drive."

Seung Woo pulled up.

"What are you doing? Are you crazy?"

"No, Dr. Noh, unlike you, I'm taking this investigation seriously, there are lives and people's jobs on the line, and you are acting like a complete psycho. So tell me, what is wrong with you? What is this thing with time?"

"She's coming."

"Nugu [who]?"

"She's here."

"Who, tell me who?"

The doctor lowered her head; it was exactly like in a horror movie scene, where someone found herself possessed by some evil spirit. If it were not broad daylight, Seung Woo would have screamed and started running for his life like a headless chicken.