((ThEoRIES°°

Hans' smile suddenly disappeared, and his face became grim, "but the doctor doesn't like it. If she finds out, she'll scold me, and she won't let me come out again."

"But I need you to pretend. I'll explain to the doctor. I'm sure she'll understand," Seung Woo explained.

"You don't know doctor Noh; she's mean."

This declaration was strange. To think the alters could disassociate themselves in such a manner. Hans acknowledged the doctor's authority. Seung Woo had to admit and confirm he spoke with someone other than the doctor.

Once again, Seung Woo recalled professor Baek's words to mind. Even if an alter identified Stein in court, no sensible being will accept the testimony.

If cogito ergo sum defines a man, the counter approach dubito ergo sum can not be excluded.

The jury would doubt and refute the testimony, and no one would blame them.

Did identifying mean one of the doctor's personalities had met the killer? If so, in which circumstances?

Perhaps Stein was a psychiatric patient.

Why didn't anyone think of it? 

Being hospitalized didn't mean one had lost their head. Psychiatric wards were not necessarily full of insane people. Depression, anxiety, addictions could have one resort to a stay in a hospital and consult. Sometimes it was in prevention of the eventuality of losing one's sanity.

Stein, too, could have sought help at one time.

Maybe the doctor even treated him, or an alter met him. It made sense, and it would explain why the doctor didn't remember.

Yes, an alter met him. The one which never came out probably must have been frightened to death to see the devil.

"This is it," Seung Woo muttered as he got up, "Hans, doesㅡ."

"Yo, Seung Woo," Gwak said, interrupting his thoughts.

"I don't think we are that intimate, detective Gwak. I don't like playing dictators, but please observe rank."

Gwak smirked and went to sit down.

"Here, I bought you some Kimbap. It would be best if you ate," Se Ra said and put the bag on a desk.

Gwak whistled, "I see some have special privileges here."

Sung Min sat down only to find himself eye to eye with Hans.

"Meot sal yeyo? [How old are you?]," Hans said, his hands under the chin while beating lashes at the young officer who backed away on his chair.

Aish.

Seung Woo had forgotten Han's sexual preferences.

"ㅡEh, ku-gaé, I'm twenty-six."

"Wow, you are a cutie look at those dimples."

The remark left the three others' mouths gaping.

"Wa, it's a real Zoo during the mating season here," Gwak said.

"ㅡEh, uhm, the doctor is researching reactions. Yes, human reactions don't mind her, just play along."

It was all Seung Woo found to say, and he hoped they would accept the lopsided explanation which could tilt at any moment.

Hans grabbed Sung Min's shoulders, "Oh, do you workout?"

The officer giggled.

"Oh, gyeoptta [cute], you're ticklish," Hans added in a solid German accent, which made heads turn once more.

The odd play was interrupted by a knock on the door, "Seung Woo, can I borrow the doctor for the minute?"

"Why, what the problem Dong Geun?"

Inspector Dong Geun sighed, "I've got an assault case, twenty-two Man Hee Rae roommate went missing. The last time she saw her friend, the girl was a certain Kim Jae Son. The businessman denies it and says he was at home. So Hee Rae stalked him, and earlier, she attacked him in front of his workplace."

"What's the problem?"

Inspector Dong Geun frowned as he explained, "It's the second time a witness sees Mr. Kim with a young woman who disappeared. The first time the charges were dropped because two-hundred people at the party said he attended and stayed all night."

"Do you think he's your man but-."

"There's no proof, except a few clichés of her friend with a guy who resembles him. The CC's and black boxes are on his side. Hee Rae is hysterical; she says he killed his friend."

"I'll go," Hans said; he turned and looked at Gwak," Neo |you], come with me. You'll interrogate him."

Gwak pointed at himself," why me?"

"Follow her," Seung Woo answered.

Seung Woo didn't understand why Hans asked for Gwak.

He'll be your eyes when I'm not there.

Was it the reason why Hans asked for the crooked cop's assistance?

Did this mean Hans could access the doctor's thoughts?

Was it possible for them to share specific information?

A few minutes later, Gwak entered the interrogation room with inspector Yong Dong Geun in which Kim Jae Son was. Hans and Seung Woo entered the room next to it and stood behind the tinted mirror.

"Wow, what is this? I'm the one who was assaulted. Why am I in an interrogation room with two officers?"

Thirty-year-old Kim Jae Son looked sharp in his hand-tailored suit.

Hans glued his face to the mirror, "omo, omo, omo he is sexy."

The alter jumped up and down next to Seung Woo, like a pom-pom girl who just saw the star quarterback scoring.

"I don't understand why this girl is accusing me. I've never met the girl. I mean, look at me. Do I look like a man who would date a college student with a scholarship, no money nor connections, and who has a part-time job at a fried chicken restaurant?" Jae Son laid back in his seat, clutched his hands in one another, and harbored the most innocent of smiles.

Hans stopped jumping, his excitement abruptly decreased, and his face darkened as he said," look no further. He killed her."