•○●InCisOR●○•

Yongsan, Police Station

"Kim Jong Su 경정 [Kyeong Jeong=superintendant]."

"Close the door."

Seung Woo did as ordered. The superintendent took out his phone and pressed on the screen.

The superintendent's voice came from the recording, "What on earth are you doing? What is all this nonsense about?"

Seung Woo couldn't believe the superintendent used tricks like prerecorded scolding. His superior motioned for Seung Woo to approach. Once the inspector was close enough, he whispered, "Where were you?"

Seung lowered his voice and answered, "I had witnesses to question."

"For the Stein cases?"

"Yes."

"I don't know what you are doing, but whatever it is 계속하여 [gyesog haeyo=carry on]. It must be something big to have National Security searching like this."

The superintendent's reaction surprised Seung Woo, who had already prepped his ears for a heated encounter when he received Dong Geun's call. He understood that his boss was already thinking of the potential glory that would result from the inspector's unit.

"Whatever you are working on, don't tell anyone except me if you need any help, okay?" the intendant said while he tapped Seung Woo's shoulder as the recording stopped. "You may dismiss and play the part once outside," the superintendent said as he regained his seat and began stamping reports.

Seung Woo left the office a little perplexed but reassured. He felt he had some backup as he took the lift to the basement.

When Don't Geun told him National Security was there, the inspector imagined three to four men. Never did he expect to find fifteen officers rummaging through their files.

Sungmin was the first to run up to him, "Inspector, otoké, they are messing everything up."

"It's okay, Sungmin. Let them do it. We have nothing to hide."Seung Woo walked into the office, where Gwak stood motionless, and Se Ra tried to reorganize files.

"Inspector Choi, I presume?" One of the National security agents asked.

"Who is asking?"

"Agent Jang, from national security, we're finishing up. We'll be taking these files."

Everyone's eyes followed and looked at the two trolleys where the national security officers stacked their files.

"You can't take all this. They're all we have," Se Ra yelled.

A crooked corner smile appeared on Seung Woo's face, making Gwak, who never saw the inspector smile, shudder in fright.

"Let them do, Se Ra," the inspector replied.

One of Seung Woo's traits was his excellent memory. No, he didn't have a photographic memory or some iconic power of deduction. His obsession with Stein's murders made Seung Woo read the same reports over and over again. The files were almost his bedtime stories; he knew them by heart. Also, it would be a stupid move for national security to believe they didn't have copies.

"Chief," a lieutenant from Dong Geun's office interrupted as the agents moved out.

"Inspector Choi will do."

"Eh, yé, we got a call from a vet in Myeong-dong. A woman brought in her sick dog."

"Ya, imma, don't bother inspector Choi with dog stories," Gwak said, stretching out his hand in a ready-to-hit motion.