°▪SEnSoRy°▪

Prosecutor Noh's words rang in Seung Woo's mind, "I don't know who she is."

Noa Noh was the Nation's child.

No one would believe Seung Woo if he told them.

The reasons behind the Doctor's adoption were unlawful, yet in an unorthodox way, Seung Woo understood the prosecutor's motivation.

Dr. Noh was the only viable link with a monster who terrorized the country for over two decades. Obsessed with catching the killer, Seung Woo didn't think he had the right to judge Prosecutor Noh.

The method, if known, would course the Nation's uproar, or would it?

What importance did the population accord to an unknown person linked to a psychopath killer?

The morals in the story were tense and ready to snap at any moment.

The Internet didn't offer much information about the unknown child; the report found itself overlapped with Stein's murders.

Seung Woo went to the police archives, where he found Jun Se Ra.

"What are you doing here?" The inspector asked.

"I thought I'd check the newspaper articles, and you?"

"Ah, eh, same," Seung Woo said, unconvinced by his answer. He didn't expect Se Ra to be there. He hoped she wouldn't follow him.

"Here you are, sir, everything you can find about The nation's Child."

The archives employee's timing didn't please the inspector, who thanked her in the driest tone of his voice archives.

"The Nation's Child?" Se Ra repeated with an inquisitive stare.

"Eh, the child appeared when Stein stopped killing. I thought maybe there was something to find."

The Nation was unregistered. She was neither missing nor foreign. Where did she come from?

"Oh, I can help-."

"No, carry on with the research you were doing," Seung Woo walked away, leaving Se Ra alone with her puzzled expression. He found a small table and sat down. Seung Woo expected the file to be confidential, but it wasn't. It just had about fifty missing pages.

The little Jane Doe didn't speak but seemed to understand what was said. A couple who wanted to remain anonymous brought her to the police. Even in the reports, they were referred to as madam Y. Mr. X. Prosecutor Noh apparently went to Songpa police station to interrogate the child himself.

Apart from that, everything else was classified, and to get more information, one had to go through the procedure of getting the chief prosecutor to give you access. And the chief was no other than prosecutor Noh.

Seung Woo felt like a dog trying to bite its tail while running around in circles.

Despite that, something caught Seung Woo's attention. On that day, Noa was psychically examined by Dr. Muk So Hee and visited a psychiatrist, Dr. Mul Dae Jeong.

The inspector noted the names. Perhaps they still remembered the child they examined. Whatever would come of it, Seung Woo thought it was worth checking.

Prosecutor Noh said he dragged Noa to all the specialists possible, but for Seung Woo, the most crucial analysis was the first, which wasn't in any of the reports he had.

The inspector stopped to look at his watch. Three hours had passed; he could not believe he had lost such precious time of life going through cheddar cheesed hole reports.

Seung Woo got up and brought the documents back to the archives employee.

"The child is popular these days."