Chapter 2: Falling apart

School ended after a few periods gone by. I walked out of school and saw my grandparents waiting for me in the entrance of the school. I walked towards them, confused of what was going on. "Darling we have something to tell you."' My grandma said while looking at my grandpa,nervously. I looked at both of them, still confused. "You have a step sister." She confessed while looking at me serious.

"A step sister? My dad fucked another woman while my mom was in pain!" I yelled at them. How dare he cheat on her when she was mentally ill. "How old is she?" I asked, still pissed about my dad. My grandma replied "She's 9 so she's 7 years younger than you."  I scoffed.

"So he fucked a woman 9 years ago? While he was married to my mother!" I yelled angrily. My grandpa nodded and said "Please stop yelling your causing a scene." I looked at him and said "Don't tell me to stop causing a scene, we are talking about my mom getting cheated on and she didn't even notice." My grandparents looked at me and said "Your step sister is here, we wanted you to have someone by your side ever since your mother died Alaska. Please understand."

I turned to them and said "She's here?!" Our loud and asked "Where is she? WHERE IS SHE!"

My grandparents tried calming me down by hugging me but it didn't work nor it never even worked for me. My grandparents said "Calm down shes in the car." I paused for a minute and ran towards the car. Then I saw her.

She was asleep. When I banged in the door she woke up . She has green hazel eyes that look like the grass but lighter. It's like nature it's self. She had long dark brown hair that reached to her shoulders. She was beautiful. After I realized what I have done. I opened the door and she flinched. I looked at her confused. Did my father beat her? Or she's scared of me?

I said "Its okay Im your sister Alaska,sorry I reacted like this towards you, I forgot you were only 9 years old."

I unbuckled her seatbelt and hugged her. She smelled like roses from the forest. I looked at her and said "Is your name Rosie?" She nodded slowly while having a small smile in her face. I smiled back and hugged her. "I'm so sorry." I said.

"I promise I will protect you, okay?" I said quietly while looking into her green hazel eyes.

She nodded slowly and said "It's okay." While patting my head softly and putting her hand on my cheek. I smiled back and said "Alright are you wanna stay with grandma and grandpa?" She nodded slowly and said "For a few days papá said." I nodded and buckled her seatbelt. "I'll be right back okay?" I said then I closed the door.

Im so stupid for screaming at a young girl like that. She probably doesn't know what's going on. I walked towards my grandparents and said "Where are we going? By the way I'm going to talk to you guys when we are alone again." My grandparents nodded and said "We are going to a restaurant then back home."

After my grandparents and me got inside the car, I saw that Rosie was asleep so I didn't bother her the whole ride. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep as well. I woke up by the sound of rain. After a while, I felt the engine stop, I opened my eyes and noticed that we have arrived.

It was a small cafe restaurant. The name was called "Cafe Lee." It was a white and brown cafe. My grandpa said "We are here." While turning to Rosie, who already was fast asleep.

He sighed and asked me "Can you wake her up?" I nodded in response and un buckled my seatbelt. Then I lifted up her head and said "Wake up Rosie we are here."

She slowly opened her hazel eyes and She looked out the window then turned to me. I smiled and said "I'm just gonna unbuckle your seatbelt for we can go eat yeah?"

My grandma got out the car once she heard the seatbelt unbuckle, after I got Rosie out the car, we started to go inside the cafe. As i was in front of the cafe, I grabbed Rosie and placed her on my hip before I opened the door.