New discoveries.

"She's my daughter Poppy-"

"I don't care if she's your daughter, she's under my care and you are not permitted to see her-"

"-I want to see her! Please, Poppy, you don't understand-"

"-oh I understand perfectly well-"

"Poppy!"

"Oh for heavens sake! This is a hospital wing, not a meeting room-"

"She's my goddaughter, I want to see her-"

"If Moony's aloud to see my daughter than I want to see her too-"

"Technically we're both aloud to see her, Poppy-"

"Me more than Moony-"

"No Sirius; she hasn't seen you in twelve years-" 

"She hasn't seen you either-"

"I'm her teacher-"

"-yes, and I'm her father-"

"Enough! You have both been equally absent in her life, and she has been in here enough times for me to know that-"

"What?"

"What do you mean she's been in here enough times already?"

"-She doesn't want you barging back into her life! You made your decision twelve years ago - both of you! I'm not letting you - no Mr Black - see her until I have her explicit permission. Now, you have thirty seconds to remove your behinds from my hospital wing before I march down to Minerva's office and get her to forcefully remove you herself-"

"Pfft, what's Minnie 'gon do?"

"You may no longer be students, but believe me, Minerva McGonagall never looses her touch!"

"..."

"Now! Out!"

"Poppy?"

"Oh Aurora dear, you're awake!"

"She's awake?"

"OUT, NOW!"

The curtains around Aurora's bed swished open just enough for Madam Pomfrey to squeeze through, before she tugged them shut again forcefully - huffing and cursing under her breath. She was rather flustered, but still flashed Aurora a tight smile before she began her customary fussing - whipping out all sorts of oddly coloured concoctions from her potions trunk. 

"What happened?" Aurora croaked, her throat felt like sandpaper, and she subconsciously reached for a glass of water.

"Water? Here you are deary-" Aurora lapped on the water messily, but her hands were shaking so much she only managed to swallow half, the rest sloshing down the front of her nightie. Aurora wiped her chin drowsily, not appearing to care that she had soiled her bed clothes. "-you had quite a nasty fall-"

"-fall? I fell?"

Madam Pomfrey nodded sympathetically, "Yes deary, bumped your head - you've been out for a couple of hours now."

"But the dementors..."

Poppy's expression darkened drastically.

"They tried to give you the kiss. Miss Harper said that a few must of broken off the main group - foul, disgusting creatures - thankfully Professor McGonagall spotted them before - well-"

"Before I got my soul sucked out?"

"Well, yes" she cleared her throat, "but you must of been drained, because you collapsed over the railings. You fell about thirty feet, love, and every one was so preoccupied with Potter -"