20. Interlude

Aurora had was sitting in her field of sunflowers. The night sky was staring down at her, the full moon glowing a bright, blood red; the stars wavered in warning, but it was a pleasant night, and so Aurora ignored them.

She took a Daisy from it's place in the grass, tucking it gently behind her ear - the stark white of the petals contrasted nicely with the raven feathered tone of her hair. There wasn't any wind, nor rain. It was warm - a nice, comfortable temperature - and all Aurora felt like doing was curling up and falling asleep among the sterile tranquility of the sunflowers. Nobody would look for her, and the orphanage was only a half an hour walk away.

Of course she knew that she shouldn't have. She shouldn't of allowed her eyes to flutter close and her head to lull onto her shoulder - but she was so tired, and the night was so familiar; it offered her comfort, longing. Made her feel safe and exposed at once - the stars were wise, yes, but sometimes having all their eyes on you at once was a little off-putting.

However, on this particular night most of the sky was covered in a thick blanket of grey, and the only star visible was the Sirius star - which shone brightly as it usually did, though it was not smiling at her warmly. No, tonight the Dog Star was looking quite anxious, and they had that terror in their wise face that was border lining an unmistakable sense of foreboding. ; she couldn't be sure, though. Their face was merely a figment of her imagination.

Regulus, the only other visible star, was looking panicked. He was gesturing and waving at her to run, to get back to safety; but the silence was so lovely, and the moon was so luminous, that she decided to stay.  

Her eyes closed softly, a soft smile spreading across her face - it really was lovely here. She curled up against a lone rock in the center of the clearing, blending in with the darkness and remaining protected among the shadows. Well, that's what her four-year old mind made her believe, though she couldn't distinguish between what was a stimulation, a dream or reality - nor between what was true or a lie. So she did what the fates told her too. She shut her eyes.

A twig snapped - yet Aurora's eyes remained tightly sealed shut; there was nothing there, she scolded, just another silly little day dream. 

The trees opposite rustled, causing Aurora to snap her eyes open and sit up straight - there wasn't any wind.

"Hello?" She called softly, "Come out...I won't hurt you-"

Silence. 

Shrugging, she dismissed the disruption. Probably just a Squirrel, or maybe a Rabbit? Oh, she did so hope that it was a Rabbit, she had never seen one of those before, but the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland sounded so extraordinary when the older girls in the village would read about him. 

Aurora curled up further into herself, the shadows engulfing her tiny figure protectively - the only visible feature was the stark white contrast between her hair, and the dainty Daisy petals. 

The trees rustled again, and than there was so much red. So, so much red. 

A singular Daisy glided elegantly to the floor, contrasting wonderfully with the crimson red of the moon shadows.

  .・゜-: ✧ :-  -: ✧ :-゜・.

・゜-: ✧ :-  -: ✧ :-゜・.

𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟐

𝐆𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞

𝐆𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞

𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠:

𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐢𝐚 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤.

𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐧 𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐲. 

                 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬.            

𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐮𝐬 𝐋𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐧.

𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤.

𝐋𝐮𝐧𝐚 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝.

𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐬 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧