22.

Aurora woke up in an unfamiliar place; the walls were painted a light brown colour - like the interior of a Chestnut - and the early morning sunlight streamed a soft pink shade through the closed curtains

Aurora woke up in an unfamiliar place; the walls were painted a light brown colour - like the interior of a Chestnut - and the early morning sunlight streamed a soft pink shade through the closed curtains. She was lay on a sofa, a brilliant maroon sofa with battered scuffs and patched holes, and was surprised to see that she was dressed in an over-sized jumper (it was the most horrid shade of mustard yellow, definitely not hers) and some tartan pajama pants. The fabric pooled around her waist, and she hastened to wrap it tighter around her body.

Aurora sat up, leaning backwards on her bandaged wrists and stretching her legs out in front of her; the sofa was much too large to accommodate her small frame, and her feet barely touched it's middle. She wiggled her toes absentmindedly, she was wearing a pair of fluffy socks - they were hideous - and the fabric felt weird against her skin, not weird in a bad way, but just unusual.

"I see your awake then?" Came the soft voice of Remus Lupin; he smiled warmly, placing a plate full of scrambled eggs on the coffee table. "'bout time as well, been knocked out all morning."

"Oh" Aurora said, eyeing the eggs hungrily, but not making a move to eat them. "What happened? I remember...I remember - oh-"

That was the thing; she hadn't remembered any of the night before until than. Embarrassed, Aurora ducked her head and drew her feet up to her chest - what a bloody moron. 

"Yes..." Remus cleared his throat. "come on, eat up - Poppy said that your Matron is expecting you back shortly" He pushed the plate of food towards her, taking the seat opposite. Aurora didn't touch the food.

"M'not hungry," She yawned, "Thank's though..."

"Eat," Remus said sternly, pushing the eggs so far towards Aurora that they were dangerously close to falling off the table, "I always find that eating a good breakfast after the moon makes me feel better, and you Missy, need all the help recovering you can get-"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing! Just that you lost a lot of blood, and you'll need your energy to recover-"

"I'll just throw it up-" It wasn't a complete lie -  Aurora would throw up that food if she ate it -  but it wasn't the complete truth either. Echo had been tormenting her about literally everything lately, and she didn't want to hear their taunting voice this early in the morning.

"Half?" Aurora shook her head. "A few spoon fulls than, James told me that you're not eating enough, and I'm concerned...please - even if you do throw up later, at least you've tried,"

"No-" She looked up at his pleading face - it looked exactly as it had done thirteen years ago, when Aurora had tripped and scraped her knee. She had always hated plasters, but her Uncle Moony had been adamant that she should put one on - for a moment she felt as if she was three years old again, in the midst of a war, sat teary eyed on the kitchen table. Her younger self would've wanted her to do it, and she had always wanted to make your younger self proud- even if they had died when all her other happy thoughts did.  "Fine..."