𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

I lied its a triple bc I need it to be an even number. Kinda angsty and spoilers a little. Also i was listening to moral of the story while writing this..^

After the fight of upper six

After the fight of upper six.. Kanzaki was staring at Tengen who now had an eye patch like her and Kyojuro. The three of them snickered at the fact and also tried to not to the eye peep thing.

Tengen offered to get them jeweled ones but both declined. Aoi painted her sisters with fabric paint. Making it with snowflakes and very intricate designs.

Kanzaki didn't fight despite being told not to, she did help Tengen's wives defend themselves and also free the woman being held hostage by upper moon six. Tengen killed them and also had his little dinner date with Kanzaki which he would do once again.

But now Kanzaki was allowed to fight once more, she already had her sword shipped to her estae. She was about to head out on a solo mission until.

"I'm coming with you."

The wind pillar had came to her estate and basically ordered he would come with her on her mission. Kanzaki knew and understood the fact everyone was worried but this was becoming a little over the top.

She sighed and allowed it. Aoi scolded Sanemi who just looked at her with a blank expression. But instead of letting him go she gave him a little to-go gift.

"AHHHHHH FUCKING HELL YOU DAM BRAT!"

So while walking to the wisteria house only one person was walking. Kanzaki. Sanemi was hunched over on his stomach on her back. Despite being there to help her on her mission.

(Y/n) did also pinch him for calling her sister a brat.

The wisteria house keeper brought them their robes and food. Keeping a eye out on the village for the demon that could be around. But while doing so,  (Y/n) couldn't help but notice. 

"Sanemi, why do you push  Genya away from you?" Kanzaki knew the two were brothers it was very evident in the way they both acted. But how they acted towards each other..it made her wonder. Just why?

"I do not have a brother." Sanemi stated. He didn't. He turned his back to the ice pillar. He didn't feel like expressing himself to make himself seem weak or vulnerable. He trusted Kanzaki but he didn't trust her at the same time. 

It was just his nature from a hurtful past.

(Y/n) sighed and thought of anything or something. The demon hasn't been spotted yet so they still have time. She then came to a better idea to get him to talk to her more freely.

"How about we talk about it over Ohagi?

The wind pillar whipped his head towards her. Narrowing purple eyes, he  idly nodded but didn't agree to the talking part.

(Y/n) got up and walked to the door and requested some rice in a bowl that was already soaked. She wanted them both to make the ohagi themselves. The house keeper nodded and ran to get some rice and water. Also a steamer.

(Y/n) turned to Sanemi. "So, why don't you have a brother?" Sanemi scowled and was about to get up and leave but stopped his actions.

Her eyes held nothing but sadness.

"Genya talks highly of you..as if you were a god. He always does his best to surpass mine and Gyomei-kuns expectations. He works hard Sanemi and it seems to be for you or another reason. I don't want to pry but could you at least tell me why? Why ignore him and even cast him away?"

Her eye that showed, had a sad look. She cared deeply for Genya, just as she did for Aoi. It broke her heart to see him push himself past limits even hurting himself by eating demons to be stronger and better for someone who doesn't even look at him like their own.

Silence filled the room. Anger bubbled in Sanemi's chest.

He wasn't angry at her, he was angry at the past, himself and everything that's now the way it is. He wanted a better relationship with Genya and also with some of his other pillar. He wanted to have a better look out on life. He wanted to not feel alone. He wanted to not hurt himself to do his job and also be a reminder of those who he failed to protect.

He wanted everyone back. He wanted to be loved.

"What...what does he say about me?" Sanemi said as he still had his back towards her. (Y/n) Turned to look at his direction.

"A lot of good things, how he would be strong for others yet, only cry in front of you. How his older brother is the kindest person in the world despite what others think. He is the strongest pillar in his opinion."

(Y/n) came closer and closer with each word she said towards the wind pillar. Gently ruffling his hair and explaining how all this time Genya didn't give up on his brother.

"He goes past his limits for you...even ate demon for you.. Which I don't condone. But he does love you Sanemi.. A lot.."

Sanemi tensed at the words she had spoken..he did all this for him. He should be angry but he just felt hurt..Turning around purple eyes met warm blue.

She opened her arms for him.

he returned the hug and let the tears flow. He just loved his little brother and wanted the best for him, Kanzaki could see it.

"Sometime people who love each other can hurt each other without noticing it..I know you love Genya and want him to be safe..but there are different ways Sanemi okay? We all are scared to loose our loved ones. But please do not push them away.."

The house keeper cracked open the door to see the two pillars holding each other. Not wanting to disturb they just closed it gently, not making on a sound. They could suspect a life changing conversation was happening.

"I..just want him...to be happy and safe..not like this.."

Kanzaki soothed him by humming and listening to his words. Only speaking when needed to. He explained how his mother was turned to a demon and how she killled his siblings and he had to kill her himself. Genya then blaming his for it, despite being too young to understand.

"So thats how your got the scar on your face..same as Genya..." He nodded and moved to snuggle into her neck. His hold on her was tight, as if:

'don't let me go too'

"I think the scar suits you, any person would be happy to have the wind pillar as theirs. Scars show strength in my mind."

Sanemi 'tsked' at her words but smiled truly at her words of comfort. Normally he wasn't this soft with people. But if its her..

He would be her own teddy bear...

^Not proofread btw also not a yagami reference..( we don't like her here..) triple bc i need this to be at an even number! Byebye!