𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

Literally how this is going^ also 1 more chap after this then FINALLY the end of this book

Obanai waited patiently for the Ice pillar to meet him at the little pond near his estate. He had asked her to join him on a small picnic, her being the way she was saying of course.

He was more than happy to have one moment with her. Seeing how he never gets a chance. He was waiting happily with the food he prepared and hopefully would maybe get to eat. Ever since his childhood he never showed his face to those who he didn't truly trust.

Kanzaki walked out to the pond and smiled to the serpent pillar. She wasn't wearing  her regular uniform more or less a kimono. Obanai waved to her and smiled with his eyes. He was happy she looked and felt comfortable with him.

She sat down as he started to pull food out of the basket he had. The cloth they sat on was more than comfortable and soft. "Thank you again Iguro-kun for asking me to join you, what did you bring for this lovely day?"

He began to explain how he made the food he brought and warned her, he wasn't as great of a cook as her or anything. But she just smiled and encouraged him to keep talking. He was shy around her but her happiness was infecting.

"I also made you and Aoi's favorite foods. Taiyaki and (favorite food). " He handed her the plate and stopped when she stared at his two different eye colors. "Iguro-kun has anyone ever told you, you have the most beautiful eyes? If not please let me be the first!"

She began to eat the food and kept talking to him about how he is a great cook and deserves all attention for it. He was flustered through the whole interaction and none the less smiled underneath the bandages he wore.

He swore on his life this one woman can even swoon the demon lord himself is needed. She was just that sweet and kind. Even finding worth in their interactions. Even making Sanemi the hard cold wind pillar be nicer to his brother and nicer to his comrades? Goddess Obanai thought. Pure Goddess.

He snapped out of his day dream when the words he hate more so came out of her mouth.

"Iguro, Obanai? You haven't eaten yet? Would you like for me to turn around?" 

Good lord. She was considerate his own comfort.

He shook his head and told her he already ate beforehand and liked for her to try his food. He thanked her for the care and the paying attention to small details she always did.

'I swear if we didn't have the world crisis of demons right now..

I would marry you on the spot..'

❄️❄️

The time before the big dinner had come. Shinobu was making her rounds just incase before leaving.

She was checking and making sure everything would be fine in both Aoi's and Kanao's  hands. She asked them multiple times over and over again.

Honestly trying to buy time due to the fact Kanzaki would come and check on her younger sister. Making sure she ate and knew her way home or stayed at the hospital for the night.

"All right we are set, Kanzaki-chan would you like to go now?" The ice pillar nodded and fixed her kimono. Both wore beautifully dressed kimonos and hair pins. They looked radiant.

Shinobu held onto the taller woman(sorry shorter ladies or audiences), she did it out of mind and out of habit.

She felt like Kanae when she held onto her arm.  She didn't know but Kanzaki had a great memory and could tell you a whole book she read once on a train almost four years ago.

"Kanzaki-chan? Do you know what this reminds me of?"

The dark blue eyed woman hummed in response. Wondering about her dear friend.

"It reminds me of the fireworks and how me and Kanae watched them with our parents..."

The tone of her usually light voice was sad. Almost grim.

"Ah, I understand Shino-chan.  I too miss my family, but be glad you have some friends and also some living members with you. I assure you will avenge your sister..".

Though the words were ones she has heard multiple times before, she felt this time they felt more apparent. More meaningful.

More hopeful.

I swear tonight is the night we will be together forever, my love..

Shinobu smiled and rested her head on her head. The walk to the party was full of laughs and giggles and secrets to be told.

A good time to be alive if you could say..

❄❄❄

The party was filled with food, lights, alcohol,  and many different types of music and people.

Kanzaki was able to find some of her fellow comrades, getting muichiro water or milk and helping him get some food. Obanai and talking with him about his friend Kaburamaru. Petting him as well.

Mitsuri asking to eat with Kanzaki. Rengoku challenged her to a small eating contest. Which he let her win.  Sanemi giving her a drink personally and making sure no pervy Kakushi spiked it.

Giyuu often times coming by her and just holding her hand and smiling. Complementing her beautiful appearance.

Sabito dancing with her and also cracking jokes with her. Tengen Givin her the most lavish gifts, and his wives asking her for hugs and her attention. Shinobu sitting with her as she took a breath from everything and telling her to be safe.

Gyomej also giving her food, but food without booze. Sensing how she seemed tired of alcohol he got her some water and some food to sober her up. She actual stayed near him for a whole because the loudness got to her.

It was all nice until the moon set high into the sky. Kanzaki was handed a letter to walk outside and see the moon. It was signed anonymous.

She walked out and sat on the small bench in the garden. Thinking about whoever wrote the letter, she thought about her life. The past,  present and future.

She wished she could share it with someone.

She looked up at the moon. How beautiful and graceful it was.   Luminescent and adoring. How lucky she was for a full moon tonight.

As she was looking she could here footsteps in the background. They stopped right behind the bench she was sitting on.

The aura was calm and loving. Safe.

The person placed their hands on her shoulders and said simply.

"The moon is beautiful isn't it, (y/n)?"

She turned around and smiled brightly. Glad they were the one to say it.

"It is...."

The question for you is who said it and deserves to say it? All pillars get an ending but who should be first?

Go back and answer the question, don't be a ghost.