Chapter Sixteen: Happy Birthday...

"I was secretly hoping you'd say that." He chuckles lightly, kissing me on the top of the head. Kisses, one of the things of his I have missed more than anything. He strips off his pants and boxers, opens the sliding shower door and steps inside, half-closing the door behind him. I catch a glimpse of his...everything. And well...well...you know what I'm getting at. "Are you waiting for me to come on out and soak you or are you planning on actually getting in the shower?" he asks sarcastically, pressing his face against the shower door so his nose squishes flat. I giggle at the hilariousness of the sight, yet somehow he manages to still look cute. If anyone can pull off looking like Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants, I guess it'd be him. Garment by garment, I lay my clothing over the towel railing.

"Okay blobfish, I'm getting in already!" I reply sarcastically and he frowns and pouts. Still, I hesitate to step inside the shower. I'm not exactly un-proud of what I look like or anything. I'm not one of those people who dress as a slutty nurse for halloween or anything, flashing everything, I just don't really get insecure that easily. At least not usually. It's just, well...he's probably done this kinda thing a bunch of times, whereas I've never really done anything...sexual. Apart from Matt. But that was just stupid. I can't believe I'd fucking go there and ruin myself. I wanted to wait for Robert, I pictured Robert in my mind while all along it was Matt who was...you get the picture. Strangely enough, I barely remember anything. Maybe it's the denial. After I allow my second foot to step into the rectangular shower, Downey turns around to reach for some shower stuff. As soon as I'm fully inside with the door closed, he turns back around to face me. I watch as his eyes inevitably cast quickly over my whole body. I blush at the attention, but his gaze soon returns to my eyes. He steps closer, and I am definitely not going to back away. Slowly but firmly, he pushes me back against the shower wall. It's cold, freezing in fact, but the shivers of anticipation override it totally. He takes both my wrists and slowly lifts them up, pinning them against the tiled surface above my head. "I have the feeling you want me to kiss you, Angel-Rose," he mutters, licking his lips seductively.

"I have the feeling you weren't meant to say that out loud, Mr Downey." He smiles, inching his face closer and closer until it's so close I can feel his warm exhales on my face. The space between us is closed. His lips are suddenly pressed to mine. My body feels like it's been made whole again. As cheesy as it sounds, I don't feel worth anything being away from Robert. It's like he's...somehow transformed me into a better person, I'm no little girl anymore. I'm...wait, what's the date? I pull away from Robert's kiss, and although he looks at me with those adorable puppy eyes, I have to question this. "Robert, what's that date? What day is it today?" He looks at me with a confused look on his face, and then the same realisation seems to slap him in the face too.

"I think it's...oh my God...it's..." We both look at each other, speaking in unison.

"November fourth."

"November fourth." 

"Happy Birthday baby," he says, smiling softly, stroking my cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"Oh wow, didn't that go quickly...I remember being in my dorm only a month ago, and you were saying how it was a month away, I can't believe I haven't been to school in at least three weeks...It feels like it's gone so fast, but at the same time, it feels like so much longer." I pull my mind back into reality, and meet Robert's gaze. He smiles, sliding his hands over my hips. It gives me the same goosebumps it always has.

"I can't believe I didn't plan ahead, I didn't even see November fourth coming. I'm sorry I didn't bring anything sweetheart, I swear I'll make up for it when we're home."

"Having you back is more than enough of a gift Robert, more than I could ever ask for." I run my fingers through his wet hair, sticking it up in all directions.