Chapter Ten: Surprise

So heyyy, this chapters almost TWICE AS LONG as most of my others, so enjoy. I thought I'd celebrate seeing as I SHARE MY BIRTHDAY WITH AVRI ROEL DOWNEY

*Hyperventilates*

November 4th AHHHH

SO ANYWAY

*Calms down-ish*

I don't know if it's good at all, I seem to have permanent writers block, so if it's really boring, lemme know and I'll give up trying and live in a cave with a bear, or something like that.

-------------------------------------------

Holding Chris' hand as we walk through around school, it's almost starting to feel normal. In a weird way of course. Luckily I hadn't even seen Downey since Monday. I guess he's been busy working, or something. It's Thursday already, and the "time to consider" what he asked me, well it didn't help at all. I still haven't a clue what to do. It's like he dug a hole and I decided to jump right into it, and every time I think about it the hole just gets deeper and deeper. My heart's saying 'hell yeah', but mind's saying 'what the fuck are you thinking?'. I guess it can wait. Damn, I have Parent-Teacher Consultation Night coming up. It's going to be so awkward sitting at a desk with my Mom and Downey at the same time. Oh hell, I'm dreading it.

----Last Monday----

Downey's POV:

"Ah, so you're married? Well that's...nice..." I say, talking to the new teacher, Gwyneth Paltrow over Lunch. She laughs.

"So you're not a big fan of marriage huh?"

"Well, lets just say I haven't had very good past experiences," I say, playing around with my salad.

"Oh...oh I'm really sorry to hear that..."

"It's okay...I'm kinda seeing someone anyway. She's great, her voice is real soft, and her hair's just about as crazy as she is... and the cutest freckles and little dimples, and she has this...amazing smile... and those kinda eyes that just...smile too, if you understand what I mean," I say, drifting out. I realize that I'm going a bit overboard with the description, perhaps getting a little too excited. "Sorry...I kinda went on then didn't I..."

"It's fine, I totally get you, she sounds great Robert, you should get together," she replies with a smile.

"Yeahhh...I don't know if she wants that..."

"Oh? Why's that?"

"Well there's this...other guy and...well I don't know..."

"She's not married...is she?" I almost choke on a piece of lettuce.

"What?! No...God no, I just can't tell for sure if she wants it to be serious," Gwyneth nods her head, sighing with relief, "The situation we're in right now...It's, well...it's just tough."

"Ahh, I see. Well maybe you should take her out, if you haven't yet. Surprise her. This is girl-advice... Buy her an outfit, assuming you can guess her size, and then be all spontaneous and pick her up out of the blue and then just be assertive. 'We're going to dinner right now so get changed and be ready in an hour,' that sorta thing." She smiles and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.

"That...actually sounds like a pretty good idea. Thanks a bunch."

"No worries, you're welcome. But...I think we need to get back, lunch is almost over," she says, looking at her small silver watch.

"Yeah, lets head back. She reaches for her purse. "Hey, it's fine. I got it," I say, placing a twenty on the table.

---------------