Chapter Thirteen: "If I Said I'm Sorry"

Unknown POV:

"Where's the girl?" the Boss asks. Fuck, how do I tell him that she got away?

"She shot Damon and escaped Boss." Yeah so I lied, I'd kill a man if it means saving my ass.

"So I lost one of my best men to a little girl's gunshot, and you let her 'escape'?" he spits, leaning back on his desk chair and kicking his feet up.

"Damon shot her mother Sir, and she reacted. She aimed her gun at me too Sir, and I drew mine to shoot and she quickly ran."

"Is the Bitch dead?"

"Her Mom you mean?"

"Answer the question dip-shit."

"Uh- I'm not sure Boss, she was being taken away in an ambulance last I saw." He sighs, dropping his feet to the ground and slamming his palms on the desk, leaning closer to me.

"You find that damn girl, and you bring her to me. If you do it, I'll let you off. If you let her slip away again, I'll shoot you in the head and find someone else to do the job."

"Are you going to kill her?" I ask, the words falling out of my mouth.

"It's none of your fucking business what I do with my work."

"Don't kill her-" Damn it, what the fuck is going on with my mind?! Am I trying to get myself killed?! I don't give a fuck what he does right now! I know what my mission is! "I-I mean, she could be useful..." I add, though his expression doesn't change. I really need to focus. He leans even closer forward. Although I'm standing and he's still meters away from my face, I can smell the whisky on his breath.

"What the fuck did you just say?"

"Nothing Boss, I said nothing."

"That's what I thought. Now get the fuck outta my sight. Clear yourself up and go find her. Don't come back until you do. You have until Tuesday."

"But, it's already Wednesday, that doesn't even give me a week-"

"Are my orders a problem for you Matthew?" he asks, tilting his head forward toward me.

"No Boss, not at all."

"Then you will have her at the house on Tuesday at noon, and you know my opinion on damaged goods. You clean her up and keep her fresh."

"Yes Boss."

"Now turn the fuck around and leave. You're giving me a headache."

I nod my head and pivot on my feet, marching out the door. I don't even know where to start my search, I guess her school is a start. I already know where that is.

Angel's POV - Thursday

Being alone, that's my best bet of safety. I haven't even checked my phone, I stopped looking at it the minute I got out of that police car and walked. I walked for miles, I don't even know where I was. I just flagged down a cab and was driven back to Ashbrook. I should really learn to drive, I just never had the bother to do it. Maybe I ought to, I don't know. At this current moment, I'm alone in my dorm. Robert hasn't come looking for me yet, thankfully. Yes, he's all I have left, but I don't want him to be put in harms way. He means so much to me, and sometimes the best thing you can do for someone you love is to let them go. He'll be safer, much safer without me. Maybe I can find him when it's all over. Maybe.

Robert's POV - Half an hour later.

I still don't know where she is. She didn't sign in this morning, or been present for any of the attendance registers. She would've told me if she was sick, and she seemed fine. 'She's gone'? Who's gone? And why did she leave me? She can't leave me. Not now. Okay okay, so lets run through what happened. She comes to mine, I end up having a family-drama, we have a mini-argument - definitely not bad enough to spark a fall-out between us both, nowhere near. Then we fall asleep and she leaves? The only reason she'd leave would be if she got a text or a phone-call or something. Or if she had a class that she really-