Chapter Nine: Pretending

"Oh my God, Oli! So you seriously spent your free period with the Principal?" I nod my head and laugh at her shock, "in some out-back-shack-"

"-Well I wouldn't quite call it that-"

"-on a hammock and got all cozy?!"

"It was so beautiful, I'll have to show you sometime. You'd be surprised!"

"You know what's more surprising? You made out with the Principal girl!"

"Ash! Shhh, people might hear!" I throw a pillow at her, and it hits her in the face. She sits on the bed a few feet away from mine and rolls her eyes at me.

"Oh yeah, really? At six a.m in the morning, people are bothered about the latest gossip?"

"It's just something I don't tend to go public about..."

"So wait, you've done it more than once?! Are you together or something?!"

"What?! NO WAY! That's never gonna happen-"

"So it's casual? Have you...you know...done...other stuff?" She grins at me devilishly and my eyes almost pop out.

"No! Of course not! Anyway, I don't even know if I'm into him, I mean...come on, he's older than my Mom! And plus, I think Hemsworth is really starting to grow on me..."

"I KNEW IT! You have the hots for Chrissie H!"

"ASH! Be quiet!" I yell as she starts going ape-shit with excitement.

"Sorry," she whispers, still giggling.

"Well, it's just...I've had some shitty times lately, and Hemsworth has kinda helped me through it. So's Downey, but that's just way too impossible. Besides, he's not bad looking, right?"

"Downey? Jeez, if you slept with him, he's so hot you'd get third degree burns inside your-"

"I meant Hemsworth!" I yell, sighing and covering my face with the palm of my hand.

"Oh, Goldy Locks? Yeah, he's pretty cute. His abs are amazing, and oh my God, have you seen his bro?! The genes in that family must be genetically engineered or something."

"Well anyway, on the topic of Hemsworth, well. He kinda kissed me-"

"WHAT?! You have TWO guys chasing you now?! I mean, I love Jeremy, but I'd die for that much attention again!" Jeremy was Ash's boyfriend, and had been since the week she started here. It all began quickly, but I guess they were meant for each other.

"No, listen... It was, well...kinda different to when Downey kissed me. It's like Downey was more dominating, lustful, passionate, etcetera..." Ash throws her head back with laughter, but I frown and carry on, "but Hemsworth, well he was much softer, gentle..."

"Spill the beans, whose lips did you prefer?"

"Well, neither. I don't know. That's why I came to you. I mean, the last time Downey kissed me was last week, in the gazebo. I told you about all that. He's just been really cocky in class, and out too, it's like, all the time. But it's funny, as well as annoying sometimes. And Hemsworth, we kissed right here in this room, but I was kinda upset. I don't know if I kissed him back through vulnerability or because I actually meant it. And this was like two weeks ago..."

"Who do you have a crush on Ol?" She asks, raising her eye brows.

"I don't know..." I reply, sighing. This whole thing's a mess.

Ash and I get ready for school, and one thing we both know, is that Mondays suck. The weekend went by real slowly, mainly because I went home and was petrified that a load of hit men were gonna barge in on us. But nothing happened, as much as I worried. Downey called the police, and they said they couldn't do much, because there was no evidence to suggest my Father had any involvement at all with these guys. I told my Mom, and she handled it fine. We just made sure to lock the windows and doors before we went to sleep, and we shared a room too, just in case.