Chapter Nineteen: Back to Normal...

"Come on sleepyhead, you need to get ready for school," the familiar voice says, stroking the hair out of my face and placing a kiss on my forehead. I wake up smiling, probably because of some nice dream I just had, or because of the nice dream I'm living right now. I know Matt will find me somehow. That is if Marcus doesn't beat him to it. Right now, I don't care. I'm happy again, and that's what matters right now. Then I think back to what Robert told me last night, about Chris. Could it be true? No, surely not. We were always good friends, he was like a brother to me. Ugh, it's so confusing. I guess I just need to speak to him. It's gonna be so amazing seeing everyone again, even if I barely know half the people at this school, regardless of the amount of time I've been enrolled here. I stretch in the bed, and lay there with my eyes open watching Robert get dressed. His crisp white shirt hasn't got a single crease, and the tie hanging around his shoulders is the exact one he wore when we first kissed. Wow, what a throw back. I finally decide to get up. Seeing as Robert's now fully dressed, the drool-show's over. After quickly showering, I throw on some black jeans and a Black Sabbath shirt, which isn't even mine. Apparently Robert's moved in, what with half his clothing taking up my wardrobe space. It's a damn good job Rebekah was thrown out way back so I could have my own dorm. I apply some light makeup, for the sake of not looking like a member of the walking dead, and I'm ready. It's nearing six thirty a.m, which means we really need to go if we don't want to get caught. I never understood why the days start so early at this damn school. I used to start at eight thirty at my old place, this place is just nuts.

"Guess we'd better get going, so we can go play super spy in your office," I say, winking to Robert. He chuckles, but shakes his finger at me. "That is if you want to continue your job."

"Well, unfortunately we don't get to play that game anymore."

"Aw, why?" I ask, acting disappointed.

"I have somebody else on the job," he replies, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Scarlett?" I ask, seeing as it can only be her. He wouldn't tell anyone else.

"Correct. So now we just need to breakfast somewhere before school starts. Where would you like to go?"

"Well, there's always the school canteen?" I suggest. He makes a disgusted face, which I laugh at because I totally agree with his expression. That food is going to poison someone someday, I can feel it.

"No, lets go to a café. There's a Starbucks only a short drive away, sound good?"

"Okay, sure." He grabs his keys and we make a move. Whilst strolling down the hallway, he laces his fingers with mine and holds my hand tight. He's a risk-taker, but it excites me all the more. He smiles to Scarlett when we pass through reception, and we walk out onto the staff carpark, hopping into his car.

Just a regular morning in a regular café with regular people, well, and Robert too. It feels so good to be back to normal. Once we finished up in Starbucks, we headed back to school. "You wanna come to my office? We still have ten minutes..."

"Sorry, I'd love to but i kinda arranged to meet Ash this morning, she's coming to my dorm..."

"Oh, 'kay. Well, we happen to have drama today, so I guess I'll see you later." I nod my head and smile, and turn to make way for the dorm corridor. "Hey! You wait right there missy!" I don't even have chance to turn around before Robert grabs my arm and yanks me towards him.

"What the-" He plants his lips to mine and smiles, pulling away.

"Who said you could go without kissing me, hm?" I roll my eyes and giggle at him, running my fingers through his soft, fluffy hair.

"Okay, well  you've had your kiss, now I can leave," I say, gesturing for him to loosen his grip around my waist. He narrows his eyes and licks his top lip.