Fireworks

Y/N POV

"Hey y/n, back to what I was gonna say last time we were on the beach"

My stomach erupted in butterflies once again.

Clay took my hands in his once again.
"Y/n.. I.." he stuttered "shit" he said with a sigh

"Clay?" I say softly

"Okay y/n, shit, I'm just gonna spit it out."
He says looking back up into my eyes.
"Ireallyreallylikeyouandihaveforawhile" he says and winced at himself and looking away

"Clay." I said putting my hand on his cheek and making him look at me again.

I chuckle at his nervousness. Even though I'm just as nervous.

"Clay. I like you a lot to."

His face lights up instantly and he hugs me spinning me around. I started laughing

"Put me down!" I said giggling

He put me down and we looked at each other for about a minute. He started to lean in and I did the same. I closed my eyes and closed the gap between us.
The butterflies turned into fireworks. It was like time just stopped and we were to only two people in the world.

I slid one hand into his hair and the other on the side of his face.
His hands were on the sides of my face.

Sadly I pulled away because you know air and shit.
He looked at me and smiled resting his forehead on mine.

"That was.." he trailed off

"Great" I said for him

"Yeah" he laughs " that"

"We should probably head back clay."
I said reluctantly

"Yeah I guess your right. Let's go"

Clay carries my shoes for me as we walk back holding hands. We drove back in comfortable silence with some quiet chill music in the background.
Clay had one hand on the wheel and the other holding my hand.

We get back to my place and he walked me up to my door.

"So this is where we part ways Franklin" I said

"Sadly"

I looked at him and put my hand on his cheek again. I gave him another quick kiss. Well not kiss, it was more of a peck. I turn to unlock my door but clay grabs my hand turning me back around and kissing me, I quickly kissed him back. This time more than just a peck. It wasn't as good as the one on the beach but it was close. He pulled away a few seconds later.

"Now that is a goodbye kiss."

"Whatever Franklin"

I unlock and go inside.

"OH MY GOD!! HOW WAS IT? DID YOU KISS!? DID HE CONFESS? DID YOU CONFESS?" Allison yelled as soon as I turn around

"Woah. Chill out" I laughed " I'll tell you everything. Just let me change ok"

I went to my room to change and walked back into the living and told Allison everything.

"He told me he liked me and I told him I liked him too, then, we Uh.. we kissed."

"OH MY GOD!!! YESSSSSS!! THANK GOD"
She says and I laughed.

CLAY'S POV

I punched the air as I walked back to my car. I drove back home with a smile on my face the whole way.

I walked inside and was bombarded with questions. From George and nick. I told them everything that happened excitedly.

"I kissed her nick! WE KISSED! TWICE!"

"FUCK YEAH!! Go you man. I'm proud of you for finally telling her" nick yells

"For real! Took you long enough clay." George says.

The three of us joked around for a while and eventually fell asleep.