Seven

The floor above them, Kodiak had set his mirror down on his new bed and was putting his things away. He didn't have too much, just a few changes of clothes that went into the closet and some random things given to him by Auntie, Ramsey, or in a couple cases Varick.

His mentor had given him a few books, some to help with abilities and some to hopefully occupy him so he wouldn't just sit and stare at a wall all day like he was prone to. None of them were horror stories. As he pulled out one of these books, he ran his fingers over the worn cloth cover that was probably purplish at one point but faded into a weird blue, the chipped gold leaf calligraphy reading "The Indigo Book Of Faerie Stories" Kodiak quite liked it. He set it down on the bookshelf.

When he was done unpacking, (including unwrapping the mirror and hanging it up on a handy hook on one of the walls), his room didn't seem much more occupied than when he'd entered it, but that didn't bother Kodiak.

He was used to empty, he'd spent most of his time in an abandoned house, what he wasn't used to was neat. The floors were clean, the walls were clean, the window had no cracks, the furniture was clean and new and structurally stable.

Part of the reason he had spent so much time incorporeal was because there weren't many places to exist comfortably for long periods of time, just an old sagging couch and a bed he'd been too afraid to put weight on.

Unsure of what to do next and not fully convinced he wanted to wander the house without a guide yet, Kodiak walked into the bathroom and climbed into the clawfoot tub there. Bathtubs he was familiar with. There was a similar giant clawfoot tub in the abandoned house, and he laid in it pretty often. He knew what bathtubs were actually for of course, and that just sitting in them was strange, but the abandoned house hadn't had running water and Kodiak just wanted something that wasn't so new to him at the moment.

Bracing his sneaker-clad feet underneath the faucet, Kodiak pushed his back up against the other end and crossed his arms tightly over his chest, letting out a small sigh as he finally let his aura unfurl. It was still a heavy presence in the air, angrily writhing shadows in the corner of the room only just opaque enough to make you think you saw them, but it was calming down, and having it outside felt better than holding it in.

As the shower curtain began to rustle and shiver from the force of his poltergeist's aura, Kodiak rested his chin on his collarbone and tucked his nose inside his hoodie, letting his eyes slip shut. He was tired, and wanted to rest here.