Chapter 6- The Best Friends Who They Were

(Happens after chapter 1)

Well, to say "she has no nightmares" would be a misapprehension. That's exactly what Chloé thinks when she's woken by a scream.

At first, Marinette was just twitching, but that's something she usually does in her dreams, Chloé knows. Surely, it wasn't a nightmare.

She was wrong!

Chloé realizes that the moment Marinette screams. The girl shakes wildly, tears on her face, gasping for breath.

"Marinette?" Chloé tries to wake her up. "Marinette! Wake up!" The blond girl grabs her shoulders and shakes the other girl. "Marine-..." Chloé is interrupted by a scream from the bluenette, who lunges upwards. Chloé quickly hugs her tightly. Marinette hides her face in Chloé's neck and sobs loudly. Chloé pats her hair, playing with it and mumbling comforting words.

"Do you want to talk about it?" The mayor's daughter asks, feeling the shaking of Marinette's head. "Alright! Are you better now?" Releasing from the hug, Chloé looks at Marinette's eyes.

"Uh, I-... Yeah?" Marinette wipes the tears from her cheeks.

"Should I call The O-..."

"No!" Marinette quickly yells, refusing.

"O...Kay? I guess? Are you sure you're better? You were pretty upset yesterday and uh... Ten minutes ago?" Chloé waits for a response.

"Yes. Seriously, I am better now," Marinette smiles.

"Alright!" Chlo looks around the room and sees the two kwamis chatting. "Good morning you two!" The blondie smirks.

"Good morning, My Queen!"

"Hey, Chloé!" Tikki waves.

"Pollen, honey, what time is it?"

"It's six a.m., My Queen!"

"Oh, shit, I have to get ready!" The blondie stands up and heads to her Dressing Table. "Some of your clothes are left in my closet. Go and look at them!" Chloé cleans her face while talking.

"Uh... Okay?" Marinette looks through all the clothes, gasping when she sees something. "You have this skirt? Oh, My God, I had forgotten about it!"

"Of course, I do! You were cute in it!" Chloé giggles.

"What the actual fuck?! It still fits me perfectly? I haven't grown for the last three years?! That's not fair!" Marinette walks to Chlo. When the blondie looks at her classmate, she sees her wearing a Baby Pink box pleated skirt that is long to her knees, and a black halter strap top. Chloé looks at her legs and sees her pink platforms.

"I didn't say you can take my clothes!" Chloé giggles. "But you look so good! Ugh, I can't insult or even hate your style!"

"Oh, does The Great Chloé like my style?" Slyly, Marinette smiles.

"You are blind to not love them!" The blondie chuckles. "Also, can you, pretty please, choose an outfit for me! We're going together! No more acting... Or at least, between us! I just can't anymore! I miss your friendship, Marinette! I miss it so much!"

"Aww, Blondie! I miss it, too! Alright, just inform the Queens that the plan still continues. Just we have another plan within the plan," Marinette laughs.

"I think we should drop the act, actually. We have enough information and proof, we can work with it for months! And, honestly, I want to watch how you destroy their lives! Darling, seriously, you're so beautiful while doing it!"

"You really miss her, don't you?"

"Who doesn't?"

"Everyone in school? The teachers? Principal? Oh, jeez, I remember that one time when we got into the principal's office and showed that brunette bitch who's the boss!" Marinette smiles widely. "Honestly, I hate being a doormat, but you know we have to! But don't worry, if they mess up one more time, she's coming back!" Marinette smiles mischievously.

"I like the way you're thinking! Now, go, peasant, and choose an outfit!"

"Me? A peasant? Oh, no, no, no, honey, you're mistaken! They are peasants, we are high above them," Marinette lifts her hand over her head. "Key word - we!" Marinette winks, heading to Chloé's closet.

When the blondie's ready with her make-up, an amazing outfit is waiting for her on her bed. Marinette has already changed into her 'usual' clothes and casually watches something on her phone.

"I'm gonna use your make-up, okay?" Marinette sits in front of the big mirror in the room. Chloé nods, speechless, because:

Oh, God, this outfit looks amazing!

Quickly, Chlo changes. When she shows again, Marinette gasps.

"Looks like I was right! You will look amazing!" Marinette carefully looks over Chloé. She wears a navy circle skirt and yellow sweetheart top. Her shoes are navy pumps.

"We should go or we'll be late! Come on, Marinette! Stop gaping!"

"Hey, I didn't mean to make you that beautiful!"

"Ha, bitch! We're both equally beautiful!" Chloé winks, grabbing Marinette's hand and running out of room, the kwamis following close behind.