Crazy Deal

¡! PLEASE! READ!¡

if you are confused please first read INTO THE SHADOW by 08raven71.
This is a sequel to that and that account used to be mine till I flushed my phone and I couldn't rescue my account.

Now enjoy this update.

_________

CONNOR

I gained my hearing and went to see Nico Di Angelo, he is always been the piece that can't fit but now some of the weirdness makes sense.

He looked healthy in a frail sort of way. His skin is half covered with scars and bruises while the other part is a tattoo that is scrawled on his flesh.

We stayed up till Cannery told us to go to sleep. Miss Martian is still unconscious but Man Hunter said she will be fine by morning.

I went to bed questioning the whole day, how did those asteroids pass the barrier set up to destroy all disaster level asteroids? Where did those fiery portals come from? And what in the damn hell is Nico Di Angelo?!

I stayed up wrecking my brain but eventually I fell asleep. I wake up it's 7:37 I could get an exercise before the briefing. After wearing my gym clothes which are strengthened sneakers and shorts with a makeshift vest with an S which I made myself from a t-shirt that was too big for me. I take a towel and water bottle.

Just as I am thinking about how I should check on Miss Martian. A familiar aroma filled my nostrils I walk toward the kitchen to see not Miss Martian instead it an all to familiar stranger, Nico, eating a four slice layered sandwich on one hand on the other hand his stirring something on the pan wearing a 'Italians look sexier cooking ' apron.

He takes something out of the oven, it is a long loaf? which had been cut in half, one side is covered in melted cheese and the other has a saliva inducing mixture of cheese, tomato and diced meat, I don't even think it's meat it's something more crunchy maybe a biscuit with would be weird but totally work.

I find myself standing there mesmerized as he works quickly placing the loafs on a plate I didn't know existed. He picks up the pan and pours it on one side of the loaf it's savoury causing me to gulp.

He places all dirty utensils in the sink he started washing. I look at his sandwich which he discarded at a plate. It has lettuce, tomato slices and potatoe cubes with just enough mayonnaise on it.

"And I thought I was a stalker." A voice cuts my thoughts short. I look up to see Nico looking at me with a smile.

I clear my throat "You are not tied up anymore?" I say but it sounds confrontational which wasn't what I was thinking.

"Well as much as I like bondage it can get old quickly. " he says nonchalantly.

That made me realize that this guy should be tied up because he is dangerous. Maybe he escaped and is... why would he stuck around if he has escaped?

I look at him and he looks at me with a smirk "watching you think is very funny. " he says with a small chuckle.  " I made a deal with your... Superiors?"

"What kind of of deal?" A voice questions I turn to see Kaldur.

"Well it's kind of easy to understand they won't get my past story, it's not like I wanna know what Aquaman did before being zapped by some water lightning. " he says and taking a bite of his half finished sandwich "second is I won't stay here unless I get paid. If I do stay I won't be forced to participate in group activities that aren't a mission, that doesn't include exercising which I will be doing twice a week without a nasty attitude. " he rolls his eyes.

"That can't be the deal." I heard Dick' s voice question .  I noticed that most of the team members are out here.

"Yes it isn't the whole deal. Some are I get paid per save... in short terms of I participate in a mission and it is a successful one I get paid but getting paid means I will also take solo missions." He said taking another bite.

"That's not fair. " Artemis says in an irritated voice.

"That's what I said too but  as saying goes 'you win some, you lose some'. Like the enemy will try and kill me but I can't kill them back, super unfair. " he said looking at his cooling cheesy meaty savoury loaf.

"Its not unfair. Human lives are important- you know what...Why should you get paid for saving people?" Dick spat angrily.

Nico looks at him a long while before smirking " I am allowed my own options which is why in the deal I have privacy so no snooping and try to change my mind like this is some cult." He puts the rest of the sandwich in his mouth and takes the plate with his tasty looking sub? away to the other corridor leading to other rooms.

"This is crazy." Artemis says

"I agree but there must be reasons why they made the deal." Kaldur said being the voice of reason in this crazy morning.

"Let's just observe first he starts getting suspicious we can find out the truth about the deal." I say.