Childish Tasks

Hello
Here is an update for those who are following this tale closely.

_____

NICO

Cold or warm milk?
Warm could warm my cold insides but will make me sleepy which means cold because the cereal will retain its crunch for a longer time.

I pour the milk in the cereal returning it back in the fridge unlike other people. I stir it once and take a spoonful stuffing it in the mouth, crunchy goodness.

I take the bowl and start walking to ward's the direction where the meeting is said to be. The closer I come the more people from my irritated team notice that I really not ready. With my black pjs and slippers and flowing dark green kimono.

"We called you 20 minutes ago. Where have you been?" Robin questions in the way that most punctual people question you like you are inferior if you are late.

"He is holding a bowl of cereal it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that he was in the kitchen. " Artemis says with a slight roll of her eyes.

"Thank gods someone has a few more brain cells left to spare." I say filling my mouth with cereal.

"What is that suppose to mean?" Connor questions angrily.

"Just let him be." Kaldur said in his mediator voice.

There is a long silence as I munch on my cereal team members shoots looks to each other.

"Anyway... we have got a few missions here. There is a murder of a child prodigy, Rick Mahoney " a picture of a twenty year old Orlando Bloom looking man. " it's said that burglars broke into his mansion to steal some of his artifacts which are worth a few million but met the victims killing him accidentally. " Robin narrates.

"And that case is important to us because?" KF questions, he is always hungry like me but worse.

"He is involved in a space program and has been working with NASA making breakthroughs with his inventions. And he was known-" Robin continued to talk.

I decided to tune them out as I focus on the photo, I know this person from somewhere. I started scrolling through my brain as I munch through the bowl of cereal. The photos change to speak about another stupid case this one about some old lady.

"I know him!" I exclaim "Ricky is not dead. " 

"You mean that you have not been listening but focusing on the first case?" Robin questions coldly.

"Yes, and Rick isn't dead. " I said " a year ago I met Rick when I was selling my services " everyone looks at be weirdly."Not those kind of services, geez here I thought I was dirty minded. " I shook my head " I sold my abilities to people for reasonable fee transporting people across the world without waiting in the airport. And he heard that I can communicate with the dead-"

"You can communicate with the dead?" Artemis cut in.

"Amongst other things. So to Rick asked if I have something to bring people back from death." Everyone looked at me " I said no but I told him I have something to make it look and feel like you are dead so he bought it. "

"Why would he want to pretend to be dead if he isn't?"Connor questions.

"Well rumors had it that Ricky had invented some sort of Cyborg or some sort of intellectual computer with the power to hack the countries secrets with in seconds. " I said trying to recall " that reminds some mask wearing she-devil came later asking about him we fought she left and that it."

"Masked woman " Kaldur muttered thought fully.

"Well can you look through these masks." Robin states typing on his holographic keyboard.

"Now?" I question.

"Yes now." Artemis said in an irritated voice.

Gowd can this day her more awful.