x. beware the images of angels

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

☆» 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯: 𝘣𝘦𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘴

☆» 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘴

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐣𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬

     NIGHT FALLS WITHIN AN hour of the Church arriving on the surface of Alfava Metraxis, the rest of the troops having arrived with their supplies in a small drop ship, which looks an awful lot like a container unit in Violet's opinion. Around the drop ship, they have set up camp, wooden planks making temporary pathways across the uneven and muddy ground just outside the Aplan Mortaria. Violet stares at the at least fifty foot walls around them, a sinking feeling in her stomach as she thinks about entering such a dark space filled with numerous statues.

     "The Angel, as far as we know, is still trapped in the ship," Octavian informs. "Our mission is to get inside and neutralise it. We can't get through up top, we'd be too close to the drives. According to this, behind the cliff face there's a network of catacombs leading right up to the temple. We can blow through the base of the cliffs, get into the entrance chamber, then make our way up."

     "Oh, good," the Doctor says, sarcasm dripping from his words.

     "Good, sir?"

     "Catacombs. Probably dark ones. Dark catacombs. Great."

     "Technically, I think it's called a maze of the dead."

     "You can stop any time you like."

     "Father Octavian?" a soldier calls.

     Octavian excuses himself and leaves.

     "You're letting people call you "sir." You never do that," Amy notes, walking up beside the Doctor and Violet, even though both explicitly told the Human woman to return to the TARDIS. "So, whatever a Weeping Angel is, it's really bad, yeah?"

     "Now that's interesting," the Doctor muses, turning to stare at Amy with annoyance. "You're still here. Which part of "wait in the TARDIS till I tell you it's safe" was so confusing?"

     "Ooo, you are all Mister Grumpy Face today."

     "A Weeping Angel, Amy, is the deadliest, most powerful, most malevolent life form evolution has ever produced, and right now one of them is trapped inside that wreckage and I'm supposed to climb in after it with a screwdriver and a torch, and assuming I survive the radiation long enough and assuming the whole ship doesn't explode in my face, do something incredibly clever which I haven't actually thought of yet," the Doctor explains to the redhead. "That's my day. That's what I'm up to. Any questions?"