vi. long live the royals

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

☆» 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹: 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘺𝘢𝘭𝘴

☆» 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘸

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐣𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬

     ON THE BACK OF an ancient Galeen, a star whale, there's a giant city housing what remains of Humanity's United Kingdom — minus Scotland, because they demanded being separated from the rest of the United Kingdom. Violet winces at the thought of the harmless space-borne organism, remembering the one that she, Jack, and the others rescued back in Cardiff years ago for her, but may well only be happening right at this very minute back in Amy's time. The giant creatures, no matter their slight proclivity towards eating Humans on occasion, don't deserve to be enslaved or cut into pieces just because they're different or, the stars forbid, useful to the Human Race.

     The new Regeneration of her husband rushes around the TARDIS' console room, spouting some of the oddest things in an attempt to impress Amy, and Violet can't help but shake her head at the complete idiocy of the situation.

     Before she can follow the pair out, her Vortex Manipulator beeps, signalling a call from either Jack or Ianto. Answering it, a frown comes to cross her face when it is, in fact, John. "What the hell...? John, why are you calling me from 2008? By rights, you should be in Cardiff right now — with the me that's back in that time. What's going on?"

     "I just wanted to see this you," John replies with a smirk. "It's been too long, love."

     "I haven't seen you since what happened with Gray, it's been almost four Earth years, and well over two decades for me otherwise. So, yeah, it has been a while. Why decide to contact me now — especially since you should be right in the middle of what's happening with Gray?"

     "I—"

     "And no bullshitting me, John. Tell me the truth."

     John runs a hand through his brown curls and sighs, unusually vulnerable. "Being here, being controlled by Jack's murderous brother... This just feels like the end for me, Vi, and I don't like it one bit."

     Violet raises an eyebrow, put off by the confession. "You feel like you're going to die, and I'm the first person you call? What kind of fucked up reality is this? I mean, sure, we had something back in that time loop, but you made it abundantly clear you wanted nothing to do with me or Jack — or our child for that matter — once we were free."