xi. the time of angels

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

☆» 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘴

☆» 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘴

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐣𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬

     THERE'S NO RESISTING A giant hole in the wall, the tugging in their stomachs urging them to climb into the unknown and fight for their lives. And so, following their base instincts and desires concerning that of the unknown, everyone climbs down a rope ladder into a very large underground space. Scratch that, a very dark and large underground space that makes Violet's skin crawl and makes her feel as though all the walls are pressing in on her scarred skin.

     Being in the dark with the Doctor and River is bringing back memories of The Library, and she knows that, without a doubt, that thought has speared through her husband's mind at least once since descending into this insanity. River doesn't know what lies ahead for her — but then again she might, with her being a Time Lord for all intents and purposes. She may well be able to see the turn of the universe and know the future's endless possibilities. But something tells Violet that, even if River could, the woman would shut it out — out of necessity, not out of fear.

     "Do we have a gravity globe?" the Doctor calls out in the darkness.

     "Grav globe," Octavian orders.

     A Cleric hands a globe to the Doctor.

     "Where are we?" Amy asks, turning in circles, trying to capture everything at once despite the pressing darkness. "What is this?"

     "It's an Aplan Mortarium," River explains, her torchlight hardly lighting up anything beyond a few metres away. "Sometimes called a Maze of the Dead."

     "What's that?"

     "Well, if you happen to be a creature of living stone..." The Doctor kicks the globe into the air, where it illuminates a vast array of mausoleums and statuary. "The perfect hiding place."

     "I guess this makes it a bit trickier," Octavian tries.

     "A bit, yeah."

     "A stone Angel on the loose amongst stone statues. A lot harder than I'd prayed for."